Removing watermarks

Traces of TexasTraces of Texas Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited January 27, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hey Guys,

I uploaded some photos into my main gallery that I had previously watermarked using a 3rd party watermarking application.

Then I built a smugmug watermark and uploaded some photos that had no previous watermarks on them. I wanted it to be so that, each time I added a new photo, it would auto-watermark it with the new smugmug watermark, so I selected "auto watermark" from now on in my gallery settings.

For some reason, it added a smugmug watermark to all of my photos, including the ones that already had watermarks from the previous 3rd party application. So now a bunch of my images have TWO watermarks on them .... the ones that I had uploaded originally and now the new smugmug watermark. It looks silly.

Is there some way to remove the smugmug watermarks from my photos?

Thanks.

Comments

• rnrjoshrnrjosh Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    If you need to remove watermarks from images, this can be done by going to the gallery and clicking Tools > Many Photos > More > Watermarking. Select Remove, choose the photos in question, and click Watermark. In a few minutes, the watermarks will be removed. You'll need to go here to make changes to the watermark for *existing* images in any gallery.

Setting the watermark setting on the Tools > Gallery Settings screen will affect which watermark is applied to newly added images to the gallery. :-)
    Josh
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Traces of TexasTraces of Texas Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    rnrjosh wrote:

Setting the watermark setting on the Tools > Gallery Settings screen will affect which watermark is applied to newly added images to the gallery. :-)

Yes ... this is the way I thought it was supposed to work. However, it added the Smugmug watermark to all of my images, not just the newly added ones.

I will try your recommendation and see what happens.

Thanks!
  • Traces of TexasTraces of Texas Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    Yes ... this is the way I thought it was supposed to work. However, it added the Smugmug watermark to all of my images, not just the newly added ones.

I will try your recommendation and see what happens.

Thanks!

It worked! Thanks for the prompt response.