Diffuser

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited February 1, 2010 in Cameras
Good Evening All:

Does anyone know if there is a Diffuser for the Canon Macro ring
MR-14EX.. I am interested in one for this ring..
Thanks
Eddy
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited January 27, 2010
    None that I'm aware of.

You should be able to get some drafting film, trace the general shape using the ring itself, and then cut your own custom diffuser.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2010
    thanks ziggy tried one but ti did not come out to good will try another one tomorrow with some good film form the art store
    thanks
    Eddy
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2010
    Eddy,

not fumilar with the ringlight but how about trying a piece of white polyester cloth, like the stuff you would use to make a light tent. it should be flexable enouf to go around the ringlight and thin enouf to for the lens.
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    thanks Ted..would another name for it be muslin.. but yes film /wax paper does not work well..that name for some how or another escaped my my mind..will give it a go..
    Cheers
    Eddy
    E.J.W

• time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    Eddy wrote:
    thanks Ted..would another name for it be muslin.. but yes film /wax paper does not work well..that name for some how or another escaped my my mind..will give it a go..
    Cheers
    Eddy

Muslins are more cottony, I mean that stretchy material, think of it as making a glove for it.

good luck
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com