C&C on maternity shot!

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited January 28, 2010 in People
Well I have a maternity shoot coming up very soon and was with the cliant this past weekend do set talk about the shoot and did a few shots. She wants a shot that she saw online. So I did my take on it. its for her invitations. I just showed it to her tonight and she loved it. please let me know what you think. I have the full shoot on Saturday.

DSC_0003copycopy.jpg

Comments

• The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Well, my main thought was that she doesn't feel comfortable in front of the camera. Here facial expression looks a bit 'must smile for camera' to me, and she's not sure where to put her hands. I think that'll be your main task, to get her to relax.
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Any way you could show us the photo she showed up with?

I'm not a fan of the purpelized background & the photo doesn't scream pregnancy to me. Yes, she has a big belly, and you show it, but you might want to look up some pregnancy photos in the internet and get some posing ideas.

I'd try to make it look moodier. Pregnant women usually have a strong relationship to the unborn already, you might want to try to capture this + play with some different light-setups, black & white will work great with a round belly. There is so much you could do with a pregnant mommy, I'd try to stick my nose into the internet and start your search for some more ideas thumb.gif
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Sorry guys I should been more clear this shot is totaly not a posed shot was not trying for anything she just stepped up and took the shot I just needed it to have one to do the pp on to show her if that the look she wanted