Monoliths
775175768_hTrrL-XL.jpg

Outa Reach
775176350_5jcyo-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Ok, so just keep in mind that this is just my opinion and that I'm expressing my first impressions while keeping in mind the theme. :D Play feels busy enough that it distracts me from thinking about windows. Also that its been shot straight on.

With monoliths, I would be curious to see a crop so that the left building is out. Only for the reason of how excellent the light is bouncing off the windows of the right building.

Outa reach, this is a great concept for all of us window shoppers. But with this image, all the lighting on the outside of the building (red tinge), kind of unpops the red of the ferrari in my opinion. Not sure how the dealership would feel, but a setup of someone staring through the window at those beauty's would definitely be worth trying. Don't see very many of those kind of cars up here. Good luck
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    nightpixelsnightpixels Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Aspecto5 wrote:
    Ok, so just keep in mind that this is just my opinion and that I'm expressing my first impressions while keeping in mind the theme. :D Play feels busy enough that it distracts me from thinking about windows. Also that its been shot straight on.

With monoliths, I would be curious to see a crop so that the left building is out. Only for the reason of how excellent the light is bouncing off the windows of the right building.

Outa reach, this is a great concept for all of us window shoppers. But with this image, all the lighting on the outside of the building (red tinge), kind of unpops the red of the ferrari in my opinion. Not sure how the dealership would feel, but a setup of someone staring through the window at those beauty's would definitely be worth trying. Don't see very many of those kind of cars up here. Good luck

I completely agree with this. In short, these are very nice pictures, but do I think "window" when I look at them? No. I am all for adding other elements to the door and window to make them look more interesting such as a human interacting with them as long as they still scream "door" or "window". I don't think your pictures, though very nice ones, are right now. I'd say the 3rd one may be the closest to the theme.

update: Looking at #1 again, I have to take back what I said in my post above. I think it actually does fit the theme pretty well and it is a nice looking picture.
    Allen Parseghian

Los Angeles dance photographer

• Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    I disagree -- #1 & #3 do say window to me (especially #3; #1 is missing something with the framing to hit the window idea though I'm intrigued by the night scene and colors).

#2 doesn't work for me.

I've been thinking that there will be lots of pictures of pretty old doors, and have been looking forward to seeing something different. Window shopping fits and I'd like to see what can be done with 1 & 3. I'm not sure whether these pictures will work or not -- #3 might be improved by some form of processing that makes the contrast between inside & outside more clear?
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Aspecto5 wrote:

Thanks for that. Yeah a person nose to the glass on dealership might work :D
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    I completely agree with this. In short, these are very nice pictures, but do I think "window" when I look at them? No. I am all for adding other elements to the door and window to make them look more interesting such as a human interacting with them as long as they still scream "door" or "window". I don't think your pictures, though very nice ones, are right now. I'd say the 3rd one may be the closest to the theme.

update: Looking at #1 again, I have to take back what I said in my post above. I think it actually does fit the theme pretty well and it is a nice looking picture.

Thanks for the original comment and of course your update :D

I think there the right idea (exept #2) but there all missing impact
    #1 - kids playing inside ?
    #3 - that longing window shopper ?

Thanks for that I'm gonna go get tore up in Street right now rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Number 3 works best for me in this series. I can agree with all said above but if picking between the choices #3
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    #1 stands out for me. Does need a human element -- even if it's just a cleaning crew or something.