ok I tried a person instead of a tree.

leegochleegoch Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 28, 2010 in People
So my friend ask me to take some pictures. I normally take pictures of trees and mountains. They don't move and you don't have to tell them what to do. Anyways please let me know what you all think. I posted a few here but the rest are at my smugmug. http://leegoch.smugmug.com/Portraits/Cassie

775004579_vHX2R-M.jpg

775004296_HbMpc-M.jpg

775004947_bqzti-M.jpg

775003441_ckMGv-M.jpg

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Overall, I think you did a really nice job here.
    I like the first one best, though I think you could come in closer and have the same effect. Crop so she's at the top-left third instead of the bottom-left.

#2 is way to magenta for me.
    #3 is really nice. On the larger version, the shadow on the inside of her nose is a little bit distracting, perhaps just dodge it some to make it less pronounced.
    #4 the focus seems soft, even on the larger image.
    thumb.gif

[not a pro, so season my input appropriately]
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    I like #1.. DOF is nice..
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    I like #2 a lot, and I kinda like the rich coloring in it. Great transition from trees and mountains, I'd say!
    Kristen
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    Good start.

At the risk of sounding a little obvious, there is a portrait orientation that is "opposite" the landscape orientation. For people shots this is usually, but not always, an easier way to shoot people.

Keep on shooting people. When you make nice captures of people you know, it is very satisfying.