MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
edited June 8, 2004 in People
input

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    Molsondog wrote:
    I was wandering around with the telephoto lens on, looking for someone or something that caught my eye. This lady was sitting in a chair on the street corner, staring at the sidewalk. I don't really know what to think of the shot. I'd appreciate any input from resident experts.

is she sad? is she just dazed? dunno. i like the shot, though the highlights are a tiny bit distracting. i also think it may work better at a wider focal length...

cool though, and thansk for sharing it!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2004
    I must confess that I'm not sure it works. I find in my shots that usually, when I have folks looking down, they don't appear to be interested in their environment, and I can't see their eyes, so the shot is less powerful. Maybe from a different angle her pose might have been stronger? Also, is she a little soft?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    WolfWolf Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2004
    I find this to be a good example of raw street photography. It seems to be pretty powerful to me, your subject appears to be in either deep despair over something or in serious contemplation or reflection. A conversion to Black and White might be quite interesting. Just my two cents worth. I like it.