pink cheeks

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited February 1, 2010 in Technique
I'm not sure if this belongs in technique or not but, I have seen numberous pictures posted here where the saturation on the picture is real low but the child/baby's cheeks are pink. Can someone tell me how to do this.
Thanks!
Court
Courtney

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    I'm not sure if this belongs in technique or not but, [...]
    I think you'll get more/better replies there, so I moved it there for you thumb.gif
  • cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    I'm not sure if this belongs in technique or not but, I have seen numberous pictures posted here where the saturation on the picture is real low but the child/baby's cheeks are pink. Can someone tell me how to do this.
    Thanks!
    Court

What software do you use for PP?
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited January 31, 2010
    If you are using PS, Courtney, make a new layer with ctrl-j for your desaturated layer, or black and white layer. The use the History brush to paint back in the areas of stronger color as needed. You can adjust the opacity of your history brush to your taste.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    thank you! i use CS4. What I ended up doing was desat. the image in a new layer then i actually used the paint brush with a light pink painted her cheeks then turned the opacity way down. Worked! and the client was very happy.
    Thanks again!
    Court
    Courtney