Getting used to my new iPhone

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited January 29, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I'm just having too much fun with this iPhone 3Gs. I don't think the camera's all that great, but the apps that you can download are sure fun!

All shot and processed within iPhone 3Gs
Randy

Comments

• LiquidElephantLiquidElephant Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Nice!
    #1 is my favourite - what app(s) did you use? I might have a go at something like this
  • JeroenJeroen Registered Users Posts: 447 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Cool shots. I love phone photography. And looking at your white frames, we like them for the same reason. Phone photography reminds me of Polaroid photography too.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Nice!
    #1 is my favourite - what app(s) did you use? I might have a go at something like this

While I have downloaded several cool photo apps, these were all shot just using the "ShakeItPhoto" app.

I like that one app because it makes the image look sorta like a Polaroid, and that takes me back ~ way back! You even shake the camera/image and watch it develop.

But more importantly, this simple camera/look frees me up to the simplicity of photography again. No high-tech gear ~ No zoom lens ~ No setting what-so-ever ~ noise/grain is there, so just embrace it.

It's just you and your photographers eye.

If you produce a good image, YOU did it, not your fancy gear!

It also allows for a lot of freedom to experiment with lighting. Yes, I mean off-camera lighting! I've been using a flashlight for my off-camera lighting. How cool is that? No time/effort setting up lights to shoot/experiment with lighting a shot, just grab your phone/camera and a flashlight. Now, how many OCL shots can you shoot in a day? Like everything else, the more you do it, ....you know.

But again, it's just to get the creative juices flowing, again. That's what this iPhone is doing for me right now.
    Randy
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Jeroen wrote:
    Cool shots. I love phone photography. And looking at your white frames, we like them for the same reason. Phone photography reminds me of Polaroid photography too.

Yeah, I'm having fun with it as I stated in more detail in post #4.

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment Jeroen!
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Howdy Randy,

Those really did turn out very neat, and like you said, it' nice sometimes
    to not be carrying around the full arsenal:D :D:D

Have you ever run into a fellow that still shoots Polaroids, and then does
    some kind of funky processing on them. I think his name is Darren???
    His Wife is a Wedding Photographer out of Fort Worth.

Here's his site
    http://polapaintings.com/
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas