D'OH!! A deer! A Female Deer!

Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
edited January 29, 2010 in Wildlife
... :lol... It's from a Simpson's episode..

anyway.. Got this shot when I was in Illinois visiting a lady friend.. She was showing me around a new neighborhood.. This lovely lady just stood there and posed.. Yeah, i shot it in auto. Didn't have a lot of time to set the camera up, as I didn't know when she would run off.

Taking a digital photo course at the college now, so I should have more shots to post up as I learn a little more. -ARB 190.

deerilcopy.jpg
Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com

Comments

• PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Thanks for sharing - this is a lovely scene!

Two suggestions for future shots:

1) Put your focus point right on the deer's face and eyes - getting those really sharp is key to a top-notch photo.

2) Give the deer somewhere to go in the frame. Rather than having her centered in the picture, move her to the left so that there's very little "dead space" behind her and a bit of space in front of her.

Keep shooting and sharing! clap.gif
  • Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010
    Thanx for the tips. I just noticed the face was a bit out of focus. I really need to get out of centering pictures.. I'm a symmetrical person by nature, so it's difficult. I shot it in auto. Didn't have time to set the camera up. It's been a while since I've shot anything.
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com