A happy small family

Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited July 31, 2005 in People
Meet my son Jonathan and friend Kim with Shiva. The dog almost looks human :) If only she could talk!

30308966-L.jpg

And some candid portraits of Shiva.

30308996-L.jpg

30309055-L.jpg

30309032-L.jpg

Comments

• JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Cool, I love the dog shots :D Did you have a hard time getting the dog to look at you for the posed shot? I have a hardtime with some dogs, they are afraid of the flash.

James.
  • Bob StanleyBob Stanley Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    The first one with your son and his friend is my favorite. Excellent pictures!
    Thanks be to God, for our blessings.
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2005
    Very handsome son you have there and the dog is looking right at the camera! Great shot!
  • Adrian van AmmersAdrian van Ammers Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    Hi Stephen
    Maestro wrote:
    Very handsome son you have there and the dog is looking right at the camera! Great shot!
    Thanks! I had a quick look in your website. I love the shot of you sitting behind your PC desk with your little baby on your lap. rolleyes1.gif I remember! I'm a (young) granddad already but I still remember the baby time. BTW I was was a teacher too. History. Teacher of the year, huh! Way to go! Now I'm manufacturing candies, omg what happened with my life? headscratch.gif:):
    edited July 31, 2005
    Hello James
    JamesJWeg wrote:
    Cool, I love the dog shots :D Did you have a hard time getting the dog to look at you for the posed shot? I have a hardtime with some dogs, they are afraid of the flash.

James.
    Thanks! Nope, it was the second shot and I only did two shots. Here are some more shots of Shiva and this one appears regularly on the top of your screen! http://adrian.smugmug.com/gallery/211363/16/17956474

17956474-L.jpg
    edited July 31, 2005
    Hello Bob
    The first one with your son and his friend is my favorite. Excellent pictures!
    Thanks so much! I saw your excellent grasshopper and nice tree reflections. Both shot with the 717? I still have the 717, but it's dusting since I bought the 828. I won't sell the 717 either. It's an amazing cam.
  • MaestroMaestro Registered Users Posts: 5,395 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    Thanks! I had a quick look in your website. I love the shot of you sitting behind your PC desk with your little baby on your lap. rolleyes1.gif I remember! I'm a (young) granddad already but I still remember the baby time. BTW I was was a teacher too. History. Teacher of the year, huh! Way to go! Now I'm manufacturing candies, omg what happened with my life? headscratch.gif:):
    Thank you so much. Well, I tried my best. I don't want to hijack the thread but our education is very opposed to what I do, bilingual education. I teach primarily immigrants in their native language and English. It takes quite a long time for these kids to learn the academic English they need to be successful so we continue to develop their academics in the native language while learning English. I was fortunate to be recognized by my peers for this. I am actually now in administration, a vice-principal.

BTW, my dog has roots near you. I almost exclusively own Belgian Malinois. They are work dogs and show dogs but when our friend, a breeder, breeds a dog that is more interested in being a pet we get them. Here are a few pics of her. She comes from a Grand Champion in the sport who was actually bred in the Netherlands I think. I would need to look at the papers.

Lark_for_web.jpg

Others can be found here. http://Maestros.smugmug.com/gallery/674275/1/29145175

See you soon.
    edited July 31, 2005
    Looks like a sweet dog to me!
    Maestro wrote:
    Thank you so much. Well, I tried my best. I don't want to hijack the thread but our education is very opposed to what I do, bilingual education. I teach primarily immigrants in their native language and English. It takes quite a long time for these kids to learn the academic English they need to be successful so we continue to develop their academics in the native language while learning English. I was fortunate to be recognized by my peers for this. I am actually now in administration, a vice-principal.

BTW, my dog has roots near you. I almost exclusively own Belgian Malinois. They are work dogs and show dogs but when our friend, a breeder, breeds a dog that is more interested in being a pet we get them. Here are a few pics of her. She comes from a Grand Champion in the sport who was actually bred in the Netherlands I think. I would need to look at the papers.

Others can be found here. http://Maestros.smugmug.com/gallery/674275/1/29145175

See you soon.
    It must be a nice breed cause apparently they go well together with your kids. Thanks for showing here!