Macro shots

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited February 2, 2010 in Holy Macro
Hello All:
Don't know if this is a good macro shot..of a crystal Saxaphone with studded gold buttons..Idid some more shots today and used the sun rays which were reflected of the wall ..Taken with my Canon 100 USM IS.and 2 of the Kenko tubes. Nothing was cropped or PS edited and never used the ring light i have all sun
777172541_QD6qa-M.jpg

777173169_GGSuF-M.jpg

777173483_VCM3b-M.jpg
Enjoy all were taken at 1x3 witht he tubes
emjoy
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited January 31, 2010
    what wb setting did you shoot at, the crystal looks quite brown/dull.
    try a levels adjustment to brighten highlights.
    phil
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2010
    Thanks Phil:
    for the information.. would it be a good idea to do a custom WB or stick to the cameras WB.. I was thinking along the lines of doing the custom WB ..but maybe it would be wrong.
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • paddler4paddler4 Registered Users Posts: 976 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    Eddy,

The levels issue is separate from WB. The levels tool, and tools related to it, are used to increase or change the dynamic range of the image (dark to light).

If you want real control over your images, forget the camera settings, shoot RAW, and adjust everything, including white balance, in postprocessing. You can use the camera's setting just to make things look more like they should on the LCD, but unless you shoot JPEG, it makes no difference to the final image. It's very useful to take one shot with a neutral gray card with the same light. Then you can use that in PP to get at least a starting point for the best WB. (I often go a bit warmer than the gray card indicates, but it is just taste.)

Dan
    Eddy wrote:
    Thanks Phil:
    for the information.. would it be a good idea to do a custom WB or stick to the cameras WB.. I was thinking along the lines of doing the custom WB ..but maybe it would be wrong.
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    Thanks Paddler..woow all this info is second to none..i will take and treasure all the infowhich is so so positive...and can only make me a better macro phhotographer
    E.J.W