One wheel on my wagon (ok bike)

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited February 7, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Out shooting for dss #43 early on Sunday morning when I came upon this.
Not sure if it was done a) by the owner for security or b) by an enterprising thief.
As it gave me a chuckle so I thought I'd share.

C&C always welcome.

778491530_KAi2J-L-1.jpg

778493035_fqtY7-L-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    Good catch Peter. Unless this bike was parked outside a bike shop my guess would be vandalism.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2010
    Looks like someone isn't riding their bike home....then again I do know of people who will lock up their bike, but take their tire with them. I had a bike long ago where you could just unclamp the front tire for that purpose.

Good photo thumb.gif
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    wendell wrote:
    Good catch Peter. Unless this bike was parked outside a bike shop my guess would be vandalism.
    Thanks wendell.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Looks like someone isn't riding their bike home....then again I do know of people who will lock up their bike, but take their tire with them. I had a bike long ago where you could just unclamp the front tire for that purpose.

Good photo thumb.gif
    Thanks Mary Kim, I had a bike like that too. What got me was the missing handlebars.

I was passing the same place today and it was still there in the same position.ne_nau.gif
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• DigitalMomDigitalMom Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    If it was just the wheel, then I would say that it was an owner thing to secure it was still there. But the handlebar thing throws me a little headscratch.gif