Help

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited July 31, 2005 in Finishing School
Ok i will admit, complete idiot when it comes to PS. So i was wondering if anyone can help me.
How do I get that cable out of the picture?

30391952-M.jpg

If I move down a level to get the shot, there is chain link fencing in the way, so this level gives the best view, without many distractions, except that one cable (that is used to support the flag pole) I know someone much be able to get ride of that thing? Right.

Comments

• cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    Hey winger,

That shouldn't be too tough to fix. Several different ways to get at the same end result. Cloning Tool would probably be the place to start. I'd take a crack at it but I'm Photoshop-less until tomorrow morning.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Ok i will admit, complete idiot when it comes to PS. So i was wondering if anyone can help me.
    How do I get that cable out of the picture?

30391952-M.jpg

If I move down a level to get the shot, there is chain link fencing in the way, so this level gives the best view, without many distractions, except that one cable (that is used to support the flag pole) I know someone much be able to get ride of that thing? Right.
    If you use the cloning tool and start exactly at the top a smidge to the left of the line you can sometime run straight down it and poof.. its gone.. otherwise you'll have to dab at it bit by bit.... good luck...

had a quick do at it.. it was not hard, you can do it easy..

30393902-L.jpg
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    Hmm ok I found the clone tool, but lets just say you explain it like I am some one who doesnt know how to use it?

(that edit looks great though :) )
    edited July 31, 2005
    winger wrote:
    Hmm ok I found the clone tool, but lets just say you explain it like I am some one who doesnt know how to use it?

(that edit looks great though :) )
    stand by ... quick and easy tutorial coming.. :D
    edited July 31, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    stand by ... quick and easy tutorial coming.. :D
    I was going to send you piccies but it's so easy you don't need them.
    After you have your clone tool.. press "alt" (on your keyboard) then click on the part of your picture that you are going to cover the mistake with. Let go your click and then "paint" over your mistake.. repeat as needed. What ever you "alt click" on will be what will repaint over your picture..Try a few clicks. You can always undo.. you can change the size of your brush by just going to your "brush" tool and changing it.

Let me know.. if this is confusing I'll send piccies..:D
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2005
    That was wicked easy.

I did it I did it.

Thanks!

30411755-M.jpg

I can proably use that same technique to get random hockey sticks out of pictures too.

Sweet, this was 15 minutes in PS that I think was well spent.

Thanks so much.
    edited July 31, 2005
    winger wrote:
    That was wicked easy.

I did it I did it.

Thanks!

I can proably use that same technique to get random hockey sticks out of pictures too.

Sweet, this was 15 minutes in PS that I think was well spent.

Thanks so much.
    great! glad it worked for you. You can use the "patch" tool for bigger areas, like filling in grass or sky or stuff like that. You find the patch tool, (its with the healing brush) select what you want to change, click inside the selection and drag it to where you want it to look like and let go... it's great :D