Old Tanker and Windmill C&C please

SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
edited February 2, 2010 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    Nice... You've pushed the PP about as far as you can, but I don't think you went too far. It has a nice feel to it. I might have liked it better as a horizontal photo, so see more of what surrounds the tanker and windmill. Also, I'd work on cloning out the wire up on the top edge.

I love this kind of photography and overall enjoyed your shot very much!
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    I really like it, but agree that the wire on the top should be removed.

What I find fascinating is that there's an old windmill in the front and a newer version in the background :D
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    I like the image. I think it would be improved with the wire removed, and if you could do something with the overly dark upper left corner. Maybe clone in some of the clouds? It's interesting how the image depicts three forms of energy ... oil, wind and electricity.
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    I echo the sentiments about the wire and the dark top corner. That being said, the tones are sweet!
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr