1D MK3 and the band

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited February 5, 2010 in People
Good Evening Folks,
Recently I shot a few band pics using my 1D MK3 and the 50 1.8 ll. In the past, I was criticized for showing a 'bad example' at high iso. Well, in my opinion, that's why you buy a D series camera. You make a bad situation look good. Anyone can shoot a hockey, soccer or basketball game, etc, where the available lighting isn't that terrible. Concerts can be a different venue. These were taken at iso 3200, 2.0, then processed through a demo version of Neat Image. The lighting sucked at best. Not bad for 3 yr old technology.
Thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    edited February 2, 2010
    edited February 2, 2010
    edited February 2, 2010
  • Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    Nice shots. I would say 1 is my favorite. I like the blur in his strumming hand.
    edited February 3, 2010
    Matt336 wrote:
    Nice shots. I would say 1 is my favorite. I like the blur in his strumming hand.

Good Evening Matt,
    Thank you thumb.gif Most of the bands that played that night, were really jumping around. The stationary equipment came out very nice, but as you can imagine, the people were extremely blurry from excessive movement. I may post one of those shots later. Thanks again.
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    I'm no expert at live music photography, but I really like #2, just the way the light is falling on the singers face.
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
    edited February 5, 2010
    I'm no expert at live music photography, but I really like #2, just the way the light is falling on the singers face.
    Good Morning,
    Thank you thumb.gif The lighting was minimal at best, and was changing colors by the second, but using the MK3 allowed me to fire off 6 or 7 shots a second, so I was able to get at least one or two where the lighting wouldn't be too bad. The singer is Johnny Stafford of Vagus. They're a local Baltimore group. Here is a link to their site if you're interested: http://www.myspace.com/vagusx Thanks again.
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...