Open Every Window

invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
edited February 3, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
This was the very first scene I photographed with my new used camera (second photo overall). I'm not a fan of squarish crops, but I think it works to this image's advantage.

p475023597-4.jpg
I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
Website / Flickr

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    I like it and I like square crops too :D

What are those white things in the window? Old sinks?
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    I like it and I like square crops too :D

What are those white things in the window? Old sinks?
    Thanks, Mary :) What you see through the window are actually more windows. The main window photographed here was an interior one, looking from the house to the inside of the attached garage. The white stuff is actually snow that somehow (through other windows, maybe?) made it to this interior scene.

Federico
    Website / Flickr
  • DRabbitDRabbit Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I've never been a fan of square crops either, but you're right, it indeed works with this one. I love the contrast and tones and your composition is perfect.

The curiosity in me though wonders what is to the left and how it looked as a horizontal shot (or did you shoot it vertically?)
    Amy :D
    Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

The Dang Gallery on DangRabbit - Follow me on Twitter or on Facebook
    Leica M8: Zeiss 35mm f/2 Biogon and 50mm f/2 Planar; Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5, 50mm f/1.5 Nokton and 75mm f/2.5 Heliar
    Olympus E-P1: Zuiko 14-42 and 25mm f/2.8 Pancake; Panasonic 45-200mm and 20mm f/1.7; and M-to-m4/3 adaptor
    Olympus e620: Zuiko 14-54 f/2.8-3.5

• invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    DRabbit wrote:
    The curiosity in me though wonders what is to the left and how it looked as a horizontal shot (or did you shoot it vertically?)
    The wall continues to the left, but there were holes in that part of the wall that I thought would've been distracting... so I only shot this scene vertically. Thank you for your kind feedback, Amy :)

Federico
    Website / Flickr