Options

When things go wrong (9 pics)

BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
edited February 7, 2010 in Weddings
I am still working through a backlog of sub-contract weddings from last year. This early October wedding was a bittersweet day for a super nice young couple. When I arrived at the hotel, I was barely out of my car when the groom told me "not to rush" because the couple wasn't yet sure if the wedding was going to happen. I was like...eh oh. The groom then told me that they just found out the MOB was admitted to the hospital with a medical emergency. We soon figured out that she was going to miss the wedding, but the wedding would go on, and she was going to be ok. The bride was understandably not interested in getting ready pictures. So I hung out with the groom, and got a few pics of him getting ready. During down time in the day I called the weekend contact number for the company I was working for to see if I could burn them a copy of the shots so mom could see them the next day. Unfortunately I couldn't get in touch with the person who makes those decisions on the weekend. So I told the B&G that the hospital the MOB was in was right around the corner from my house, and I'd be happy to drop by with my laptop if she was feeling up to it the next day. The next day during the football game I got the call, and headed over to the hospital with laptop and select shots in a Lightroom slide show. Mom was very appreciative, and I was so happy to do it for them.

So anyway...here it is...the venue is the Havre de Grace Maritime Museum.
779346125_p6U9v-L.jpg

779346305_toiFP-L.jpg

779346412_WgVEu-L.jpg

779346519_FLKuK-L.jpg

779346592_wBRuK-L.jpg

779346688_6xyS4-L.jpg

779346858_YvncE-L.jpg

779347303_hWUfp-L.jpg

779347446_42EKP-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    That was a very nice gesture. clap.gifclapclap.gif

Sam
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    Cool venue!

I love #4... gorgeous colors and lighting. I have been wondering... what fish eye is it that you are using? I have rented them before, but it never seems like they work out like yours... with just a little distortion.
  • Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I use a Tokina 10-17 fish...it is crop body only, the lens is a rebadged Pentax made for EOS or Nikon AF. Pretty cheap right around 500 maybe a little less. The thing is stupid sharp for what it is, at 10mm you get a full on fish effect at 17 less so but still no where NEAR rectilinear. Test out a few if you can, mine is pretty even, but I've seen some kinda wonky ones.
  • Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    3 & 4 are so wonderful!
  • Options
    dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Very nice of you to go the extra mile. That, in my opinion, is what sets good photographers apart from great photographers. Very nice set also :D

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX