Options

#43 - church window

JerryBartonJerryBarton Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
edited February 5, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Still looking around and haven't really 'caught fire' (despite the candle in this picture). If you think it has any merit, I might reshoot in the next couple of days - if we ever get a bright sun outside the window :scratch

[Might be more appropriate on the church's web site than in the competition].

780118551_GqBdv-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I think this one has potential. It was a bit evenly exposed for my tastes -- but I guess that's 'cause you're not getting that bright sun outside the window (I sympathize. Our light has been really cool in temperature, too).
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I like it. The window looks like a bit like a painting on the wall! It could use a little more contrast.

I like this one the best of what you've shown us.
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    To me there is too much emphasis on what's going on below the window, the bible and the sill and all. I'd like to see more of that window and a little less of the space around it.

If it's important to you that the bible is included, then perhaps you could get down really low so that the bible moves up in the frame, so you see less of the sill and wall below the window and you'll still be able to capture more window.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    I like it! I first was trying to figure out what was going on with the window because that's the first thing that caught my attention. Maybe if you cropped in closer on the window so it fills the top half of the frame, you could still keep the objects in the foreground, but you'd sort of have 2 photos in one, as opposed to the more straight-forward image you have now.
    Cheers,
    Mark