Options

43 - C&C please

sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited February 5, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'd love any comments at all, 'cause this a theme I work with all the time. It's also been fun noticing the windows everywhere as I walk around. It's a tough challenge, 'cause it's easy to take pictures of windows, but hard to make one with wow.

Everything below is re-shootable (some of it easily, though, of course, I don't control the weather or light). I also have lots of versions of some of these. All the picts are straight out of the camera.

1)
777491582_CEfDy-L.jpg
2)
777491038_LdSHd-L.jpg

3)
778496474_T4J8k-L.jpg
4)
780116738_jdeav-L.jpg
5)
780112423_zprgp-L.jpg
6)
780112660_5gcMY-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I really like 1 and 5. I would like to see more of the inside though. Maybe an HDR so that both the outside and inside are nicely exposed. The ceiling lights and lamp in #1 might produce some really nice lighting. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I like #4. the roses on the outside make me understand the perspective from which it was shot.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I like #2, especially the picture repeated by the beveled glass ... a great take on an outside looking in shot. I'd back up so you can see more of the window though, something like #4.
    edited February 3, 2010
    red_zone wrote:
    I like #2, especially the picture repeated by the beveled glass ... a great take on an outside looking in shot. I'd back up so you can see more of the window though, something like #4.

I agree totally.
    Love the light in #2.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I vote for #6 -- great way of showing a window without actually showing a window. Well done.
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2010
    I like your #2 best. A window is something to look into or out of somewhere and this is captured well in this excellent shot.
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    I like #2 as well, but am not certain about the asymmetrical view through the window.

The last one is growing on me.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2010
    MarkR wrote:
    I vote for #6 -- great way of showing a window without actually showing a window. Well done.

15524779-Ti.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    liflanderliflander Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    I like what's going on in all the shots. They seem kind of like visual notes. So you're just starting your sketch -- pick one and delve into it! Reshoot, hone-in on something that grabs you, and get a better shot!
    I like #1. If you took that same shoot at the right time of day (dawn or dusk) with lights on inside, you could balance the light inside and out, and end up with a more even exposure. I like the moodiness of the shot as it is, but I think the inside is too dark to see much of anything.
    Cheers,
    Mark