Some Automotive Eye Candy

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited February 14, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
781243904_Yfd3B-XL.jpg

781243769_UjGj7-XL.jpg

781243448_DvB8C-XL.jpg

Just for you, Lee.....a really rare Delahaye

781243659_j4x2j-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• rcofrcof Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    This thread should come with a bib to catch all the drool before it hits the keyboard!!!:ivar
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Oh My, good to see you out and about, these are beautiful, and as

always, love all the rich color and tones, and the great depth of detail.

Take care,

Craig
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Hey rcof...

I hear you man. Thanks for looking in.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited February 5, 2010
    Hi Craig,

Yeah, it's great to be around this kind of stuff again. I got some really good stuff at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona....in spite of all the rain. I'll process it as soon as I can. It was great to see a Jacksonville based team bring the victory home. It's the second straight year locally-prepared cars have won the thing.

The best part is that I survived another night in the infield at this race. If you've ever been through that experience, you'll know what I mean.

Take care,

Tom
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Hi Craig,

Yeah, it's great to be around this kind of stuff again. I got some really good stuff at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona....in spite of all the rain. I'll process it as soon as I can. It was great to see a Jacksonville based team bring the victory home. It's the second straight year locally-prepared cars have won the thing.

The best part is that I survived another night in the infield at this race. If you've ever been through that experience, you'll know what I mean.

Take care,

Tom

Howdy Tom,

That is too cool, I actually watched a lot of the Race this year, on TV<G>, but normally I find out after the fact.

Can't wait to see what you present Us with, this should really be neat!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    Hey Tom......I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures from the race...

Another great set of pic. I really liked that yellow and black on......Probably out of my $$ reach.....And no place for a bail of hay.:D azzaro
    edited February 6, 2010
    Hey Azzaro,

That yellow and black one does grab one's attention, doesn't it? Thanks for looking in and the nice comment.

Take care,

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Some lovely autos well captured. Nice work Tom. :D
    Agreed that yellow and black one is a real charmer and
    the Delahaye is so very cool. Jeeze... leather hood straps.
    Beefy rivets. Etc. Hmm, hmm.
    Michael
    edited February 7, 2010
    Yo Michael,

Thanks for your kind comments. I've got another huge show coming up early next month. I can't wait to see what shows up this time. One thing is certain; the cars will be world-class.

Take care,

Tom
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Hey, I wonder if one of those car shows will be held in conjunction with
    a shuttle launch thats coming up?

NASA Schedule...

March launch maybe. Would be cool to know. Working on a chance to
    get over there. Orlando area. No idea at this time what else to see or do.
    Let alone plan for a good site to view a launch from. They seem to be booked
    pretty heavy in advance.
    Michael
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    Beautiful work, as always, Tom! That is an absolutely beautiful shot of a beautiful Delahaye! I've never seen it before. Thank you for showing it to us. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather