Just trying a new processing technique

ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,084 moderator
edited February 6, 2010 in People
This is a re-hash of a shot from a session in late 2008.

781664903_iMt44-O.jpg
ziggy53
Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    Yellow/Amber their eyes a bit and I think you have two good vampires... I assume that was the look you were going for (I hope).
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Yellow/Amber their eyes a bit and I think you have two good vampires... I assume that was the look you were going for (I hope).

Actually, it's only amber if they're "good" and red if they drink human blood, I'm a Twi-Nerd, sorry ;)

And I immediately thought of porcelain dolls gone awry...
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    My thoughts in random order:

I think it would be almost okay if the lips and insides of his ears weren't quite so vivid.

Still, its kind of strange to have it that much desaturated and the oranges still so strong.

Have to agree with the vampire/ porcelain doll statements...

And lastly...Strange place for a closet door...
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    I will add to the ghoulish comments. Spooks me out a bit.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2010
    yes def spooky is that a door running horrizontally above them.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,084 moderator
    edited February 6, 2010
    Sorry folks, I was trying for a "china doll" skin tone, but you're right, it's just weird. The dark vignetting doesn't help either.

BTW, this was just one of those last minute jobs where some folks called me while everyone was visiting for the holidays and "could I get some family shots before everybody leaves and goes home?" The background is a rather large fireplace in the livingroom, unfortunately the best choice in the room and the only available space. The granite and shiny wood did complicate things considerably, but otherwise it was a fun shoot.

I'll stay with much more traditional treatments that I used previously.

Thanks all,
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    yes def spooky is that a door running horrizontally above them.

That's not a door, it's a coffin. On a more serious note, I'd suggest less saturation on the lips and ears.
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    Agree on the saturation, and I think you need to smooth the skin more for the china doll look.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Sorry folks, I was trying for a "china doll" skin tone, but you're right, it's just weird. The dark vignetting doesn't help either.

BTW, this was just one of those last minute jobs where some folks called me while everyone was visiting for the holidays and "could I get some family shots before everybody leaves and goes home?" The background is a rather large fireplace in the livingroom, unfortunately the best choice in the room and the only available space. The granite and shiny wood did complicate things considerably, but otherwise it was a fun shoot.

I'll stay with much more traditional treatments that I used previously.

Thanks all,

Man Ziggy... that's one large fireplace! Is that where they bake the people they capture during their nightly harvest? rolleyes1.gif

Just kidding... couldn't help myself.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site