Darkness - SP

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited February 8, 2010 in People
Been in a bit of a funk lately when it comes to shooting. Not too inspired to shoot. Took this the other day just goofing around and I finally got around to processing it.

What do you guys think?

782325357_otLj3-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    I like how the shadows detail the muscles and think that it would make a nice shot with a background that tells more of story. Just my opinion, and you know what opinions are like mwink.gif
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    It's very nice, I like it, but like Paulie above, I'm missing part of the story, I think. It's your back..... and....? What are you doing with your (right) hand? Did you have a headache? are you holding your head? or are you banging your head against the wall? lol3.gif What story did you want to bring across to me, the viewer?
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    I like it the composition; it works for me. I'd like a touch more light on the hands and possibly darkening the rest of the area around you... those few vertical lines near the elbow are a little distracting.

Sorry to hear about the funk, but I'm (as usual) enjoying your work. Nicely done.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    No real story behind this. Actually pretty corny to tell the truth. I was taking some progress SP's... I've been training pretty hard for a triathlon and I have been taking periodic progress shots to track physical changes. While taking some normal shots, I decided to try some different poses and lighting. Like I said, I haven't had much motivation to shoot lately so I thought I try to get a couple shots in to see if something developed.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote:
    I like it the composition; it works for me. I'd like a touch more light on the hands and possibly darkening the rest of the area around you... those few vertical lines near the elbow are a little distracting.

I pretty much echo this.... But I might either suggest a crop that nuke's the dark space OR throwing some more light into it...

It's a good bodyscape IMM.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    I dig it! nice lighting..I don't need story here. You sure do take lot shots with your shirt off though...eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Qarik wrote:
    I dig it! nice lighting..I don't need story here. You sure do take lot shots with your shirt off though...eek7.gifrolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif
    Oh that made me laugh!
    BUT, I will say this--Show it while you got it:D

I've been wanting to try some SPs myself, but it's outside of my comfort zone. So more power to you Cuban.

I like your PP work on this shot.

EDIT: I'm fully aware your choices for challenge 43 are already in--so not trying to score brownie points Laughing.gif.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    I really like it, just how it is. I agree with Liz...nothing wrong with showing it off, us ladies certainly won't complain rolleyes1.gif