1DS MKII cleaning

EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
edited February 7, 2010 in Cameras
Hello All:
Last night sitting down after the hockey game trying to clean the dust out of my camera.I did enough to get most of it out, but some stubborn specs really dont wont to leave my camera. After each wipe with pec pads and the Arctic butterfly..still nothing. i did take the screen out (focusing) washed it in mild soap water and lint free cloth, looking through the camera befors installining the screen, there are specs there..any idea how to get them out.. reason for this is some show up on my macro shots.
Thanks\\Regards
Eddy
E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited February 7, 2010
    You may have to persist to get the most stubborn specs off the sensor. You may try leaving the moist pad in contact with the stickiest specs for a few seconds, just to try to keep a localized high-moisture condition which might help to loosen the gunk.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Thanks ziggy....but how about some pressure (ido mean not much) i just ran ran the pads with out any pressure on them..Gonna try it today again see what happens
    Regards\\Eddy
    E.J.W

Great understanding is broad and unhurried, Little understanding is cramped and busy" ..... Chuang Tsu
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited February 7, 2010
    Eddy wrote:
    Thanks ziggy....but how about some pressure (ido mean not much) i just ran ran the pads with out any pressure on them..Gonna try it today again see what happens
    Regards\\Eddy

Just make sure that no drops develop which could run between the AA filter and the sensor. Otherwise yes, moderate pressure may be required for particularly gunky material. Multiple passes and new pads are greatly preferable to any strong pressure however.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • EddyEddy Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Thanks Ziggy will do
    E.J.W