35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com

Comments

• DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Very nice.. I love old buildings..
  • goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Nice shot. Makes you wonder about the history of who lived there and why it was abandoned.................
  • Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    I love photographs like this. Agreed, it does make one wonder about the history of the building. Such rich detail and textures. A keeper for sure.
  • justMEjustME Registered Users Posts: 209 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Sweet. Clean and good, good colors.
    Canon EOS 30D & 50D
    Arizona, USA
    http://justineolson.smugmug.com/

..........................................................................................
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Nice light and color. Did you apply HDR to this? I am a big fan of old buildings to. Like the other always think of the story behind them.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Nice light and color. Did you apply HDR to this? I am a big fan of old buildings to. Like the other always think of the story behind them.

I've been fooling around lately with HDR but haven't been all that pleased with the results. This photo was the result of three bracketed shots -2 to +2 stop exposer using the Photomatix's Exposer Fusion. I find the results much more pleasing and natural looking. And of course one can get pretty carried away with the Tonemapping but I try to keep it simple.
    Nikon D90
    18-105 mm
    85 mm 1.8
    10-20 mm
    35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    love the old building - i like shooting those myself sometimes - but i'm not fond of the way the HDR processing darkened the top of the roof, which should be one of the lighter spots on the building...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    very picturesque and moody. nicely done.
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    I am in the same situation as you. I've played around with a little HDR in PS3, but never been pleased with the results. I was talking to a pro photographer from my home town, and he uses HDR a lot for his work, however, done more to look like a regular photo, just with a higher dynamic range, but not quite that "HDR" look. So lately I've been playing with it. He uses about 5 - 2/3 stop increment photos. I have since been experimenting with this, and have created my best results yet. I started shooting from -4 to +4 in 2/3 stop increments. Leaving me with about 13 shots. 11 has produced some great results (-2 2/3 to + 2 2/3, in 2/3 stop increments). The broader you can get your exposures, the wider and more tonal range your end photo will have.

Check out my results from today here.

I think you have a great start here. The roof does look a bit dark, but I do love the building. Definitely go back and keep shooting. This looks like a great location.
  • LadukebobLadukebob Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Those are great results, and you may have answered a question I had about the number of stops between shots. My D90 brackets 3 shots and so I've had them set for the largest degree of stops (+/-2) I'll trying lowering that down to 2/3 and manually shooting.

Thanks for sharing.
    Nikon D90
    18-105 mm
    85 mm 1.8
    10-20 mm
    35 mm 1.8

kleinsmith.zenfolio.com
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Beautiful old barn/home...I really like your treatment here. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    I just love the simplicity of this, and the detail that you kept in the grass and the wood!