No Shuttle Today

RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited February 8, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Well I dragged my daughter and her husband out at 12:30 in the morning and we drove 2.5 hours. We were trying to get in the last night time launch. Just didn't work out that well. It was cold, it was windy, it's not going to launch because of a low cloud ceiling and it sucked.

Then we had nearly 4 hours of drive time trying to get back to Tampa, because of the massive amounts of traffic. This is what it looked like at 12 miles from the launch site, which is as close as we could get for free viewing.

783137948_8RMoM-XL.jpg

Comments

• moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Well, you did end up with a cool shoot nonetheless - are you heading back out again tonight for the next try?
  • TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    Roadkill wrote:
    Well I dragged my daughter and her husband out at 12:30 in the morning and we drove 2.5 hours. We were trying to get in the last night time launch. Just didn't work out that well. It was cold, it was windy, it's not going to launch because of a low cloud ceiling and it sucked.

Then we had nearly 4 hours of drive time trying to get back to Tampa, because of the massive amounts of traffic. This is what it looked like at 12 miles from the launch site, which is as close as we could get for free viewing.

Gotta laugh. My son-in-law was driving from Tampa to Jax Beach a few weeks ago...the day the sink hole opened up on I-4. near Plant City. He sat in one place between exits for almost four hours.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Agreed. :D You still ended up with a really cool image for your efforts. thumb.gif
    The image really gets me there. Seeing, just what I need to see.
    Too cool.
    Nearly made the launch, but couldn't get out there at practically the last
    minute. I have never come as near to making it out to Florida for all the times
    I been thinking of getting to a liftoff.

Hope your able to make the next effort for launch.
    Michael
  • DigitalMomDigitalMom Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    TonyCooper wrote:
    Gotta laugh. My son-in-law was driving from Tampa to Jax Beach a few weeks ago...the day the sink hole opened up on I-4. near Plant City. He sat in one place between exits for almost four hours.
    Oh the traffic sucked! My dad was headed to Orlando when that happened. He called my mom and all he kept saying was "I knew I should of left 10 minutes earlier" lol

Great shot, none the less. I love the light beams, adds drama. After the last scrubbed mission a few months ago, I refused to drive over and go through that all over again. It was chilly here in Tampa, I can only image how it was sitting on that road with nothing blocking the wind.
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Well I didn't make this mornings launch, so i will have to wait till the next, which should be daylight. I will try again, but this time I will be better prepared, because I now have an idea of the crowds to expect. I will make a day of it and probably stay the night to explore the area next time.

Thanks for the kind words.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Cool shot.......thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif azzaro