Options

Beautiful bride E session...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited February 17, 2010 in Weddings
Susannah and Mike, first e-shoot of the year. They were very fun and she is so pretty and classy. Nice cloudy day with the sun popping out once in a while.
I couldn't get him to keep his hands off her bottom, oh well...........she seemed to like it........
Shot half these with the 85 1/4 with no flash and the other half with the 24-70 2.8 with flash.
Don't quite trust the 85 yet...still working through some back focusing issues.
Here is a link if you are interested in having a look:
http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Engagement-galleries/Susannah-and-Mike-engagement/11175218_p6wDb#783393503_fsVHw

Comments

• Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2010
    I really wish people would link pictures. I hate having to click 100000 times to see some pictures.
    First one (and only one I looked at) is nice. Nice eyes.
  • Options
    edited February 7, 2010
    Don't know what route you took that took 100000 clicks to get there.
    Should only take one click.
    If one click is to much then don't go look.
    I posted the link for anyone that was interested, if you are not interested then don't look.
    Well at least after 100000 clicks you saw one you liked.....clap.gif

At least you got farther than my last gallery posting where you just said you just weren't going to go and click that button....baby steps.....
  • Options
    The MackThe Mack Registered Users Posts: 602 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    Don't know what route you took that took 100000 clicks to get there.
    Should only take one click.
    If one click is to much then don't go look.
    I posted the link for anyone that was interested, if you are not interested then don't look.
    Well at least after 100000 clicks you saw one you liked.....clap.gif
    I was interested, that's why I came to the thread.
    I mean if I wanted to see others, I'd have to keep clicking.

pictures aren't linked to the thread... etc.
  • Options
    mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Great set! Love the shoe pic!!
  • Options
    edited February 8, 2010
    Click the link, click slideshow, click fast, sit back and watch till you get bored.....
    Easier than scrolling through a string of shrunk down low res pictures posted to the forum.

I used to link the pictures but it takes about an hour or more to resize then post them to my hobby website then repost them to the forum where then 1200 people will look at them without commenting.
    Plus I would rather display my work in full size with all the quality to see......and it seriously takes me forever to pick a few favorites...just can't do it.

My assistant laughs at me...I put 300 pictures on the disc for the engament shoot and then my assistant will have to delete it down to 100 because I just can't do it.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Zoomer, bowdown.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2010
    Thanks mtmcelvy and Moogle Pepper for having a look. Appreciate your comments.
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Holy ___...Nice set...Lucky fella too!
    tom wise
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    I only have a few nitpicky comments/critiques:

The black and white ones that aren't completely saturated (where the purple in her shirt and the blue on his pops a bit more than the rest), I'm not a fan of. I love the shot, it's just the processing I don't like. Just a personal taste thing, though. If they buy it, ignore my opinion :)

#5 in the set stood out as one that wasn't very flattering, while what she has on shows off EVERY curve she has, I didn't like that pose.

The crop on #37 is off to me as well, again, not the photo, but the processing.

That's just my opinion, I love the set as a whole, very very classically elegant!!

I'll stand up and say that I don't mind clicking on a link to someone's gallery, if they don't have a favorite (or can't decide which 3-4 to show) then the gallery is a nice way to show off EVERYTHING. I agree with you, zoomer, if they don't want to click it, they don't have to. It saves room in the forum (and on the server) to just post a link and let whoever wants to look at it, go see it. Besides, I'm nosy and I click ALL around the smugmugs/flickrs/galleries to see what else that photog has done, sometimes I'm impressed, sometimes I'm not. It's a great way to show off everything.
  • Options
    edited February 9, 2010
    Thanks angevin1.

Hi LK,
    I agree with you on the desat pictures. The clients love them, I prefer all the way black and white as well.
    I have said it before... if I thought I could get away with it I would shoot everything in black and white.

5 is one of my favs for personality, they are having fun, and Mike is fully into it......you can understand why, she is a very curvy young lady.
    Appreciate your opinion.

Yeah 37....I could probably take that one out of the gallery, I think she looks really classy in that shot but Mike had his eyes shut...I should probably just let it go. Good call.

I am so glad you said the gallery was overall classically elegant. That is exactly the look Susannah said she wanted for her engagement photos.

Thanks for clicking!! Appreciate the comments.
    MikeR
  • Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    All look great. clap.gifclapclap.gif

? On 37 why don't you clone in some eyes - only if they haven't seen it.
    I had to do that once, it was a must photo I took a few, each time one person or the other had eyes closed. You can not tell the client they will only see that you fixed it no matter how good it is.
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2010
    Thanks Danspage,
    I never do stuff like that, takes to long.
    Pictures that would take more that minor editing I just delete normally but she looked so good in this one I did a creative crop...maybe not so creative according to feedback :cry thumb.gif
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    Just got a chance to look through the gallery, very pretty shots zoomer! he sure likes to grab his girl doesn't he? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2010
    lilmomma wrote:
    Just got a chance to look through the gallery, very pretty shots zoomer! he sure likes to grab his girl doesn't he? rolleyes1.gif

Yes he does....I can't blame him though...she is very pretty.

There are a bunch more that are way more grabby that I had to censor from the gallery.
    They had their disc viewing last night with my assistant and they loved the pictures and thanked us for not putting the more "frisky" pictures on their gallery.
    Even though they thought the "frisky" ones were a lot of fun they did not think her parents and grandparents would have agreed lol...
  • Options
    lightp8nterlightp8nter Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Nice work here
    Zoomer:

These have almost film like quality (that's a complement).bowdown.gif

You are right, she is lovely. Great skin. I have long considered adding the 85 to my kit - your work may just push me over the edge.

It also appears that you had one of those great days for lighting, a little overcast, but not too flat either.

Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2010
    Thanks Nate,
    Appreciate you having a look and your comment.
    Yes it was one of those just overcast enough days, with the sun poking out here and there.

I have another e-shoot in a couple hours and the light is perfect again today, gotta love a cloudy day!!
  • Options
    goldenstarphotogoldenstarphoto Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    Zoomer, I just wanted to let you know that I love your work! I don't yet have the equipment or experience to jump into the wedding game, but you are one of the pros I follow to learn from. Just wanted to say keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Also, I don't mind clicking a link......wasn't very complicated. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    Thanks goldenstarphoto, I really appreciate that.
    Feel free to drop me a note if I can ever help you with any photo stuff...
  • Options
    gnoojgnooj Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    Excellent work! I really like the angle on #14. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    andersmi24andersmi24 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    Something about that bride. WOW