Misty Moisty Morning

R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
edited February 9, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Hi, I've had this one sitting around in my 'in-tray' for a while - not really 100% happy with it. Anyway - gave it a final tweak and I am now happy to put in in the 'out-tray'. This is the view from my back door on those cool mornings in winter when the valley fills with mist.

4336276001_89ecb54e98_b.jpg

Thanks for looking, C&C always appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    This would be a fabulous shot if you can fix the overexposure on the left.
    It's pretty nice as it is, but I think it would improve if it wasn't burned through thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    pyry wrote:
    This would be a fabulous shot if you can fix the overexposure on the left.
    It's pretty nice as it is, but I think it would improve if it wasn't burned through thumb.gif

Hi, I guess that is one of the problems of shooting straight into the sun - and unfortunately the overexposure 'fix' is beyond my capability. It's the old 80/20 rule - and my capability is the 20 :cry . Thank's for your feedback - much appreciated. Cheers, Richard.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    R.Jay wrote:
    Hi, I guess that is one of the problems of shooting straight into the sun - and unfortunately the overexposure 'fix' is beyond my capability. It's the old 80/20 rule - and my capability is the 20 :cry . Thank's for your feedback - much appreciated. Cheers, Richard.

Square crop from the middle then? :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    clap.gifclapclap.gif Love it.........I shoot into the sun and blown out is just part of it........I have software that will recover high lights.....but some times.. if it ain't there it ain't there..... azzaro

NICE BACKYARD!!!!
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Beautiful work -- it was worth waiting to work on it when you were ready thumb.gif
  • topcat374topcat374 Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    What a view! You must love misty mornings!
    More practice needed but learning all the time!:rofl

Nikon D50, 18mm-55mm, 55mm-200mm, 50mm f/1.8, SB800, LowePro Slingshot 200AW and other bits!
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Howdy Richard,

really a beautiful shot, love the feel this one gives off, looks like a beautiful morning view.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited February 8, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    clap.gifclapclap.gif Love it.........I shoot into the sun and blown out is just part of it........I have software that will recover high lights.....but some times.. if it ain't there it ain't there..... azzaro

NICE BACKYARD!!!!

Hi Azzaro, if the truth were known - I've seen your shots into the sun - and that's what gave me the inspiration to give it a go. No mountains in my backyard - just rolling hills and valleys - love it :D .
    edited February 8, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Beautiful work -- it was worth waiting to work on it when you were ready thumb.gif

Hi Mary Kim, I'd been trying to sharpen it but it just got 'noisier' - so I went the other way to soften it a little :D .

Cheers, Richard.
    edited February 8, 2010
    topcat374 wrote:
    What a view! You must love misty mornings!

Hi, it's been three months now without a single drop of rain - I'm looking forward to the next misty morning - sign of autumn coming :D .

Cheers, Richard.
    edited February 8, 2010
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Richard,

really a beautiful shot, love the feel this one gives off, looks like a beautiful morning view.

Hi Craig, It's a 'late for work' view - much better to sit and enjoy it than go to work !! Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Hi Richard,

I like this shot a lot. Whatever you had to do, to get it the way you wanted, worked out well.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited February 8, 2010
    Really makes me wonder how deep the valley floor is.
    Randy
    edited February 9, 2010
    Hi Richard,

I like this shot a lot. Whatever you had to do, to get it the way you wanted, worked out well.

Tom

Hi Tom, thank you for your feedback - much appreciated.

Cheers, Richard.
    edited February 9, 2010
    rwells wrote:
    Really makes me wonder how deep the valley floor is.

Hi Randy, we have a 'winter creek' down there - only runs for about 5 months of the year.

Cheers, Richard.