Options

My Info

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited June 12, 2004 in Dgrin Forum Support
Is it just me that can't see it, but why doesn't my info appear under my user name in my posts? You know, like where I'm from and what-not?

Also, I cannot successfully enter my AIM screenname, because it is a .mac address, and anything after the "." gets truncated. Not that anyone wants to IM me, but still--it doesn't work.
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Options
    edited June 11, 2004
    Just a bump to get some attention, and possibly some answers to my questions...
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 11, 2004
    i don't know, but i thought i'd post so i can compare how our profiles look on the same thread

with the AIM - maybe there's just a character limit? I've never seen a username that was a whole email address before.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    The only difference I see is that yours does not list a location. Did you fill out a location when you signed up?
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    The only difference I see is that yours does not list a location. Did you fill out a location when you signed up?

Yep.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2004
    I've noticed the missing location on many people's profiles, not just yours. I have no idea why it's so, but I'm glad you raised the issue, because it would be nice to have a fix.

Many's the time I've thought someone hadn't put their location in their profile, only to click on their name and see that they had. headscratch.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited June 11, 2004
    DavidTO wrote:
    Just a bump to get some attention, and possibly some answers to my questions...
    Interesing. I didn't have any idea why this may be (we didn't write the software this forum uses, we bought it), but I noticed you left some of your profile fields blank and the others, whose locations are displayed, had filled them out. So I filled in the words "test" in your empty fields and voila! Your location shows up.

So I guess it's a bug but at least we know a workaround now.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    Interesing. I didn't have any idea why this may be (we didn't write the software this forum uses, we bought it), but I noticed you left some of your profile fields blank and the others, whose locations are displayed, had filled them out. So I filled in the words "test" in your empty fields and voila! Your location shows up.

Thanks,
    Baldy

thumb.gif Well, that was easy!

Now how about a Top Tips in the masthead? ear.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2004
    Baldy wrote:

Thanks,
    Baldy
    Thanks, Baldy!

Now how about fixing my AIM screename problem?
    Moderator Emeritus