last look at Stony Creek

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Landscapes
one more from my explorations up in the mountains near Skykomish last weekend... 5D, 24-135 @ 35mm, 1.6 sec @ f/13...

StonyCreekIIsm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    NICE shot! I love how you can see each stream of water flowing within the others
  • MazlimMazlim Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Very nice colours in this shot! I'm wondering if there was something that was meant to be hidden at the top of the falls? I just feel it is a little tight, that's all. I like the flow of the composition though.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Mystical, for sure. Where are the faeries? Thanks for sharing.
    Growing with Dgrin

• rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    I love flowing water and mossy rocks. This one really is very nice.
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Beautifully made image, Rocky...exposure is perfect! :Dthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    I really like this one a lot more than the previous shots because there's just a little bit more breathing room at the top of the photo. Is this underneath the tall train trestle?
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Excellent Rocky!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    scole wrote:
    I really like this one a lot more than the previous shots because there's just a little bit more breathing room at the top of the photo. Is this underneath the tall train trestle?

Steve, this is about 1/4 mile before you reach the trestle... it's on the left side as you head upriver. the stream passes under the tracks about 20 feet upstream from this little falls, which is one reason i've kept it a little tight at the top... the other, of course, being that the foreground is much more interesting than the section of stream above the falls, which is pretty flat and very shallow where it passes under the tracks. above the tracks, it gets rocky and interesting again...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Very nice capture. The composition is just tight enough and doesn't have too many elements. Well done...thumb.gif