Options

Aperture 3 is here

2»

Comments

• Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    bfjr wrote:
    I can't update. does it have something to do with trial use?
    It has been reported that if you have changed the name of your Aperture application, for example to 'Aperture 3', the update won't run.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2010
    MarkR wrote:
    See if this thread from apple's website helps you out: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2348461&tstart=0

Specifically, look for the comment about dumping a pref. file.

That worked a treat, Thanks Much thumb.gif
  • Options
    JDEORTAJDEORTA Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    Anyone els having issues tethering their camera to Aperture 3? I have a 40D and I can't seem to get it to start the session, it lets me get as far as opening the session and when i open start the HUD I get " No Camera detected" but the camera shows up if i attempt to import filesheadscratch.gif
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

www.deortaphotography.com
  • Options
    aquaticvideographeraquaticvideographer Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2010
    JDEORTA wrote:
    Anyone els having issues tethering their camera to Aperture 3? I have a 40D and I can't seem to get it to start the session, it lets me get as far as opening the session and when i open start the HUD I get " No Camera detected" but the camera shows up if i attempt to import filesheadscratch.gif

I had the same thing happen with a 5DMKII that I rented last weekend.
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    JDEORTA wrote:

I have not tried tethering, but your website is awesomeclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    JDEORTA wrote:

After reading this I tried for the first time to tether my D90. Worked for me. Thanks for letting me know that this was even a capability. Hope you get it sorted for you 40D.

And yes. YOUR WEBSITE IS BRILLIANT!
    Duke
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2010
    dlplumer wrote:
    I have not tried tethering, but your website is awesomeclap.gifclap.gif

Thank youthumb.gif
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

• Options
    edited March 4, 2010
    dixonduke wrote:
    After reading this I tried for the first time to tether my D90. Worked for me. Thanks for letting me know that this was even a capability. Hope you get it sorted for you 40D.

And yes. YOUR WEBSITE IS BRILLIANT!

I'm sure they will have an update for it soon enough.

Thank on the website compliment!
    Jose D.
    Canon 40D
    EF 28-135 IS USM
    Speedlight 580EX II

• Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    JDEORTA wrote:
    I'm sure they will have an update for it soon enough.

Thank on the website compliment!

Tethering support is a thorny area. There is a standard tethering protocol that Aperture supports. Canon used to support this protocol but they went full proprietary a couple years ago. This means you can tether older Canon cameras (30D, 1D* Mark II, etc.) but you cannot tether the newer Canon cameras (1D* Mark III, 5D Mark II, 7D, etc.).

Who knows how this stalemate ends. For now for the newer Canon cameras you can use a hot folder and an Automator script to auto-import but it's not really the same.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    CatOne wrote:
    Tethering support is a thorny area. There is a standard tethering protocol that Aperture supports. Canon used to support this protocol but they went full proprietary a couple years ago. This means you can tether older Canon cameras (30D, 1D* Mark II, etc.) but you cannot tether the newer Canon cameras (1D* Mark III, 5D Mark II, 7D, etc.).

I hate proprietary crap like that. :(
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu