Options

adventures of a second shooter

marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Weddings
I'm so happy to be able to say I've shot 4 weddings! Yeay! I know that made some of you smile and smirk LOL. Anyway, I wish I could post the photos here, but I only have permission to post them on my blog. I promise they're not that bad, but as always, I appreciate any suggestions.

http://krisfulk.blogspot.com/2010/02/laughter-and-kisses.html

Comments

• Options
    edited February 9, 2010
    Also, I've been very blessed to have met so many wonderful Houston photographers. I think it's important to second not just one photog, but many. Everyone does things differently, and I love learning different things. So for those of you who are like me, easing their way into weddings, that is my (totally unsolicited) advice. (Heh.) I see you lurkers ^_~
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    I took a look! Gorgeous work!
    Love the ceremony photos. I tried to comment on your site but it didn't let me. You did so well... I would say you are easing in nicely! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    marikris wrote:
    I'm so happy to be able to say I've shot 4 weddings! Yeay! I know that made some of you smile and smirk Laughing.gif. Anyway, I wish I could post the photos here, but I only have permission to post them on my blog. I promise they're not that bad, but as always, I appreciate any suggestions.

http://krisfulk.blogspot.com/2010/02/laughter-and-kisses.html

your sure have come long way
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    15524779-Ti.gif Well done girly girl! Looks like you are starting to find your style!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Good stuff, you really did well with these.
    My favorite is the little girl running across the floor, your choice to tilt the shot really worked out nice. So much energy and joy in that shot!
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 9, 2010
    Awesome! The reception site looks intense and a real joy to shoot in!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Very impressive all around! thumb.gif
  • Options
    mtmcelvymtmcelvy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Nice set!! I like the shot of the little girl running as well, great capture!! The blog was fun to read as well!

Mike
  • Options
    DigitalMomDigitalMom Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    Good stuff, you really did well with these.
    My favorite is the little girl running across the floor, your choice to tilt the shot really worked out nice. So much energy and joy in that shot!
    That's the one that I love :)

Great job! They all came out fantastic!
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2010
    Thank you guys so much!

When her dad was giving a speech (He's the one on the left of the dyptich of two guys), she just came zooming up to him, calling, "Daddy!" Then she decided to run in circles for ~5 minutes on the dance floor, giggling madly. While her dad was on the mic. It was super funny and cute. She also did a real good dance for Beyonce's "Put a Ring On It."
    mtmcelvy wrote:
    The blog was fun to read as well!

Thank you, Mike! That is good to know because I strrrruggle with blogging.
  • Options
    MazlimMazlim Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    The photos look like they haven't uploaded correctly in your blog? Like, I think the RHS is cut short? ne_nau.gif

Anyway, awesome shots, I really like the one where she is putting the ring on his finger, and the top-down bridal dance one. Lovely, lovely! Congrats on such fantastic work! :D
  • Options
    edited February 10, 2010
    Mazlim wrote:
    The photos look like they haven't uploaded correctly in your blog? Like, I think the RHS is cut short? ne_nau.gif

I heard blogger does cut off the side if viewed with a smaller monitor. I switched to medium-sized photos linked off smugmug, so I hope that helps :/

And thank you so much! I was so happy when I saw we vendors were given a table on the balcony. I had rented a 17-35 (the 16-35 II was backordered in every place I checked) and I basically used that for the whole reception. It's softer than its newer counterpart, and I was having some focusing issues wide open (the AF assist on an on-camera flash would have been helpful too, but I had a radiopopper transmitter on) but I was so glad to have it, specially for the bird's eye view.