VayCayMom

goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in People
Just wondering how your shot went with your "unusal client" you posted about. I have an upcoming photo job with someone similar :scratch
Courtney

Comments

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Just wondering how your shot went with your "unusal client" you posted about. I have an upcoming photo job with someone similar headscratch.gif

Hi, well she kept pushing the time back and back and when we got there she was fresh out of the shower, so I shot the dogs first and we finally shot her starting at about 5 :30 and the light left us at 6:05.
    I did manage to get some lovely shots of her and her dogs lying on the ground...I'll post one here in a few minutes..
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
    edited February 10, 2010
    this is pretty much SOOC, the focus is on the dogs, I think that helps in this case. And for once she made her smile smaller although she kept telling she couldn't do it. I also found that having her tilt her head in any pose seemed to help. I my opinion she looks lovely here. It was hard because she kept fooling around and did not get the posing even if I myself did the pose for her myself exactly how I wanted it to be, and I lost my light by this photo but I had my husband hold my speedlite with GF diffuser camera left. I am very happy with this one, whew, hope she is too!!

785335195_ZkJng-L.jpg
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    I understand the complexities of this image (multiple sub's and time restricts) and will accept it for what it is, based on that - It is what it is....

WTS; I'd do lunch with her!
    In a HEART BEAT!!!

FWIW, I hate it when clients start changing the rules. BEING ON TIME IS IMPORTANT!!! Some just don't seem to "get" that. headscratch.gif
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Not bad, considering! I think you should be happy with it, especially given everything you were up against.
    ~Ang~
    My Site
    Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
    Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!
    edited February 10, 2010
    D'Buggs wrote:
    I understand the complexities of this image (multiple sub's and time restricts) and will accept it for what it is, based on that - It is what it is....

WTS; I'd do lunch with her!
    In a HEART BEAT!!!

FWIW, I hate it when clients start changing the rules. BEING ON TIME IS IMPORTANT!!! Some just don't seem to "get" that. headscratch.gif

THANKS, I appreciate the understanding. Even after almost 2 hours of her doing her makeup while we shot the dogs, i almost could not get her to put the compact down once outside, and I was saying HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!!
    I am pretty darn proud of this portrait!!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
    edited February 10, 2010
    pwp wrote:
    Not bad, considering! I think you should be happy with it, especially given everything you were up against.

Thank you Ang!
    Trudy

NIKON D700
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    VayCayMom wrote:
    THANKS, I appreciate the understanding. Even after almost 2 hours of her doing her makeup while we shot the dogs, i almost could not get her to put the compact down once outside, and I was saying HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!!!
    I am pretty darn proud of this portrait!!

Hey! I think you got enough here to work with... it's just nice to "hit it for a bit", for the last rays of light (getting a target then going for it, when it counts in the Golden Hour).

And I'm proud for ya. mwink.gifthumb.gif
  • goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Thanks for posting.. I think you did quite splendid clap.gif
    Courtney
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    It's a lovely portrait.

Caroline