Drive - Canon EOS 7D

Mr_WiggMr_Wigg Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Cameras
I can't get my drive to shoot at high speed anymore when on Av or Tv settings if I have it set to the display screen. The drive shoots away really fast when I shoot looking through the view finder eye piece. Is this normal or is something wrong with my camera?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited February 9, 2010
    If I understand you, I think that you may be talking about Live View mode and not being able to rapidly cycle the camera? If that's what you mean then yes, to get fastest continuous cycling of the camera you do need to be in normal operation, continuous mode. Your owner's manual may have more information about Live View mode.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    The 7D may also refuse to shoot at the full 8 FPS in other situations as well. Your shutter speed has to be pretty fast, for one, faster than you would think. And, in my limited experience with a friend's 7D, even when the shutter speed WAS fast enough, low-light (or it was SOMETHING) was making the camera shoot slower than 8 FPS. And it wasn't the buffer, I tried setting the camera to small JPG. I also tried with AF turned off. Speaking of AF though, you also gotta go into the AF menu and set it so that in AI-Servo mode, it drives the camera at 8 FPS no matter what, instead of insisting on locking focus in between each shot. (Unless you WANT it to do that! Maybe set two different custom settings banks, for different kinds of shooting...)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum