Firmware update for Nikon D100?

glockman99glockman99 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited March 24, 2010 in Cameras
I have a Nikon D100 DSLR that I recently bought, and I'm looking to update the firmware in it. Does anyone have any information on how I can do this? Does the camera have to be sent to Nikon to have this done, or can I do it myself, like with my Nikon D70?
Dann Fassnacht (glockman99)
Aberdeen, WA USA
glockman99@hotmail.com

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited February 10, 2010
    According to this page at Nikon you do need to send that camera to a main Nikon service center (at Melville, New York and Torrance, California) for an upgrade to firmware ver 2.0:

http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/firmware_upgrades/d100.html
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • glockman99glockman99 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Thanks for the reply. I noticed that "send it in to Nikon" thing in my Google search, but I was (am) looking for a way to do the upgrade myself (like with my D70).
    Aberdeen, WA USA
    glockman99@hotmail.com
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited February 10, 2010
    glockman99 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. I noticed that "send it in to Nikon" thing in my Google search, but I was (am) looking for a way to do the upgrade myself (like with my D70).

Since no other service center besides those 2 can do it, I suspect they actually replace components internal to the camera. I doubt that it will ever be a user upgrade.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • glockman99glockman99 Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    Is there any way for me to update the firmware myself on my Nikon D100, or does it HAVE TO be sent to Nikon to have this done?
    Aberdeen, WA USA
    glockman99@hotmail.com
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited March 24, 2010
    glockman99 wrote:
    Is there any way for me to update the firmware myself on my Nikon D100, or does it HAVE TO be sent to Nikon to have this done?

Looks like it's a return to Nikon.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?