Guarding Nothing - C&C Please

Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Landscapes
I've been looking for a fence that ends no where, leads to an open field. I found one.

C&C Appreciated and welcomed - Good, Bad, Ugly.

Thank you!

785081490_k4spR-L.jpg

-Bryce

Comments

• mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Maybe a little drama in the sky would work better for me, but I like the idea and where I think you are going with it.

-mrlassiter
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    I like it as it is. Preferably, I'd like to see a little judicious cropping: a little ( really little ) from the bottom, slightly from the left, and a fair amount from the top. The idea is to feature the fence much more and yet preserve your intended presentation. Isn't it great when you find a scene you've been hunting?

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    I like it, overall! I can see where you're going with the empty space, and I don't think that this needs any cropping, really. What I'd like to see is that clump of trees moved farther away from the focus point of the fence. As it is they sort of blend together and I think it detracts from the power of the fence.

I like the vintage processing, although it seems a little soft. But as I said, I like it!
  • Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    I agree with Schmoo, If you move the point of view to the left a little and leave the dead end fence in the open it would have a much greater effect.

I'm not keen on the heavy vignette however. I love vignettes and think they add a lot to many photos, but I think you could keep the vintage look with a smaller vignette.
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    mrlassiter wrote:
    Maybe a little drama in the sky would work better for me, but I like the idea and where I think you are going with it.

-mrlassiter

I know what you mean. There were some great clouds in the sky earlier in the day, but by the time we got out there, they had gone.

Thanks for your response.
    I like it as it is. Preferably, I'd like to see a little judicious cropping: a little ( really little ) from the bottom, slightly from the left, and a fair amount from the top. The idea is to feature the fence much more and yet preserve your intended presentation. Isn't it great when you find a scene you've been hunting?

Tom

Thank you. It is so great when you find what you've been looking for
    schmoo wrote:
    I like it, overall! I can see where you're going with the empty space, and I don't think that this needs any cropping, really. What I'd like to see is that clump of trees moved farther away from the focus point of the fence. As it is they sort of blend together and I think it detracts from the power of the fence.

I like the vintage processing, although it seems a little soft. But as I said, I like it!

Thanks Schmoo. I see what you mean about separating the trees from the fence. I like that idea. I might have to go back and re-shoot. Thanks for the compliments.
    Alpha_Plus wrote:
    I agree with Schmoo, If you move the point of view to the left a little and leave the dead end fence in the open it would have a much greater effect.

I'm not keen on the heavy vignette however. I love vignettes and think they add a lot to many photos, but I think you could keep the vintage look with a smaller vignette.

Thanks. I actually didn't add a vignette. I was using a 10mm lens, and with the processing, the vignette just kind of appeared. I think it tends to add to the vintage processing a bit. Thanks for your opinion though. I appreciate all comments.