Options

anybody used anonymous login successfully?

tomaszjtomaszj Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
My goal is to allow a visitor to access the public albums in an account, i.e. without knowing the password. The smugmug.login.anonymously method appears to have been intended for this scenario, and it returns a nice SessionID. But now how do I associate the anonymous SessionID with an account? Specifically, how do I use the smugmug.albums.get after an anonymous login?

Thanks much,
Tomasz.

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 2, 2005
    tomaszj wrote:
    My goal is to allow a visitor to access the public albums in an account, i.e. without knowing the password. The smugmug.login.anonymously method appears to have been intended for this scenario, and it returns a nice SessionID. But now how do I associate the anonymous SessionID with an account? Specifically, how do I use the smugmug.albums.get after an anonymous login?

Thanks much,
    Tomasz.
    Tomasz,

After an anonymous login, you need to pass the nickname parameter with the smugmug.albums.get function so that the API knows what user gallery you are referring to.

I haven't used this function with anonymous login, but it works fine if I want to get another users' images after I have logged in.

Hope this helps,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    tomaszjtomaszj Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 2, 2005
    Yes, DevBobo, this does the trick.
    tomasz