Options

FS: IR D200 w/ Nikon 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX

foto41foto41 Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
edited July 27, 2011 in Nikon Land
Mad Wife Sale :rolleyes No, I am not selling the mad wife, but that is a thought :D

My recent photography excesses have necessitated a compromise, so......

Last year I had a NEW Nikon D200 that I purchased from Best Buy converted to IR by LifePixel. The conversion by itself was $500. LifePixel set the conversion up to work best with my Nikon 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX AF Lens.

I am offering this combo up for Sale. Like I said, the D200 is basically new (less than 200 clicks), Life Pixel
Enhanced Color IR conversion, and a 12-24 f/4G Nikkor Lens US version which looks and functions 99.999% new.

Package $1900.00 PayPal Accepted. CONUS.

I will sell the D200 w/o lens for $1100 if you have a 12-24 to use.

I will sell the 12-24 for $800 AFTER I sell the camera b/c this lens is what the camera set for. (you can use another lens, but will have to adjust the focus yourself)

LifePixel Photos samples to view on their site at http://www.lifepixel.com/digital-infrared/samples.html

If no takers......anyone have a room I can rent :wink ....Just kidding...
Barry Nichols

Comments

• Options
    edited February 11, 2010
    I thought I would add a couple of images taken with this camera and lens. Like I said it is a niche, but it is fun. Also, LifePixel can convert it back to a standard camera if one should so choose.

786331083_tGeKR-L.jpg
    786331176_Wr6hC-L.jpg
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    edited March 25, 2010
    bump
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2010
    No Takers for a IR Camera?
    Is no one out there looking for an IR Camera?
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2010
    Still Available
    BUMP mwink.gif
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    foto41 wrote:
    Is no one out there looking for an IR Camera?

I think some people are but not for that amount. How much was it to have it converted?
  • Options
    edited April 29, 2010
    How Much
    Well, the camera is new. Bought from Best Buy last summer as they were closing the out for $600.
    LifePixel charges $550 for the conversion.
    Camera has a couple of hundred actuations.
    I think the price is fair, but I am open to reasonable offers. :)
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    I would be interested only in the glass.. and a lower cost..
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2010
    foto41 wrote: »
    Last year I had a NEW Nikon D200 that I purchased from Best Buy converted to IR by LifePixel. The conversion by itself was $500. LifePixel set the conversion up to work best with my Nikon 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX AF Lens.

So you are selling a used camera and new price? A camera that is by todays standards outdate. I think the only way possible that you are going to sell that camera is if you drop your price significantly. I don't see how you expect to sell a used item at 100% of the original purchase price. Also you responded to me saying you paid $550 for the conversion, but say up top you paid $500. Just something I noticed
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    So you are selling a used camera and new price? A camera that is by todays standards outdate. I think the only way possible that you are going to sell that camera is if you drop your price significantly. I don't see how you expect to sell a used item at 100% of the original purchase price. Also you responded to me saying you paid $550 for the conversion, but say up top you paid $500. Just something I noticed

Dude, you are not obligated to buy nor is anyone else. An IR Camera is a specialty item. I do not feel that the price has to be rock bottom just because a D200 is a few years old. $600 for a "Basically New" D200 is fair. Just because a new model comes out doesn't mean the old model is obsolete. If you want an IR Camera, Life Pixel is going to charge you "about" $550. This camera is not for everyone, but for the right person who is already intent on an IR camera, it is not a bad deal.
    BTW - Call LifePixel and they will tell you the most often converted camera they do is a........D70! Oh the horror!! A D70. An old obsolete D70. Who could ever take a decent picture with that antique?

Just to clear the air:
    Order Date: 06/15/2009
    Order Summary
    1 - [NSLRIR-Service] 3: Nikon SLR infrared conversion service @ $500.00
    Camera model: Nikon D200
    Calibration type: Custom (send lens with camera)
    Select IR filter: Enhanced Color IR

--
    1: Total Items

Subtotal: $500.00
    Tax: $0.00

Discount: -$0.00
    S/H: $40.00
    Rush Processing Fee:
    Total: $540.00
    Gift Certificate: -$0.00
    Grand Total: $540.00
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    you are not understanding his point..
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    So explain it to me.
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    the item is a USED item.

I am working with a lot of different hardware due to variety of my interests, and if one thing is true for ALL fields I am involved with is that the Used item (even if it was just opened and closed) should NOT, and WILL not sell at anywhere near the cost of the new item.

I realize that your d200 was "customized", and you paid a bit for it, but it is not justifying racking the price up.

If anything, I'd start with knocking off at least 25% off the camera's cost (before tacking the IR conversion).. unless I was looking for some boofoon who would just buy it with no research.
    Camera is outdated, you have, obviously, used it.. which means that the price appears to be high.

Cheers.

Ps now, that you have read my explanation, I suggest you either PM me or deal with what at least two people off this forum are telling you.. and contact a mod to delete last couple of comments. afterall, if it is your business to try and sell an overpriced piece of outdated technology at your price.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    A D200 NEW cost $1600, I know, I bought 4. I contend that $600 for an again "Basically NEW" D200 is fair. I also do not see why I should "give away" the IR conversion cost. I do not need to deal with this in a PM or have a mod delete anything. If you are not interested, move along and stop jacking my thread.

On your way out the door, be sure and tell this guy:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=167460
    What a jacka$$ he is as well for trying to screw dgrinners with an over inflated price on a crap D200.

Cheers!
    Barry Nichols
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2010
    wow.. I thought we are all adults here.. and we are welcome to exchange our thoughts.. I mean, thats what people call a "forum"..
    well, good luck to you.. and I hope that you will find someone who will be willing to pay up. :)

Free bump for you :P
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,815 moderator
    edited May 13, 2010
    We do not "price police" at the Digital Grin. Sellers are free to ask any price they wish. Further posts criticizing the seller's pricing policies or off topic will be deleted.

Rules are here:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=7440
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    LexiticusLexiticus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    Wow that 12-24 works amazingly on the D200 even with IR. From my experience (And I have quite a bit) Ultrawides on IR are a recipe for disaster. Sigma 10-20mm Garbage, Sigma 12-24 garbage, Tokina 11-16 Garbage. Sigma 15mm f2.8 fisheye was the only good wide i've ever used for IR.

Anyway, just was amazed how clean it was, no hotspot, focus is accurate, good combo!
  • Options
    Soul Gaze PhotographySoul Gaze Photography Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2011
    I know this thread was from 2010, but do you still have this camera? Like you I think it's weird there wasn't a large interest. I'm an IR shooter, but right now use a Hoya RM72 on a Nikon D40. It's an old camera, but old is BEST for IR because of the sensor being able to 'see' more of the IR light. The newer cameras work too, but with a longer shutter speed. A converted camera is the same as a regular camera, just IR without the wait. It is a specialty and it's not cheap to convert. Not sure why some were being so harsh...
    Photographic Artist Amber Flowers of Soul Gaze Photography, LLC.
    SmugMug setup & customization services. Contact me! :D
    Proud & helpful Smugger since 2009. Please hire me for Support Hero!!
    I first contacted Jill V. in April 2011 & I even wrote a poem.