Love = a lollipop

pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
edited February 11, 2010 in People
Was trying to get my 19 month old to cooperate with me today as she was having a "good" hair day (yes, this is tame for her), and well...things didn't go so great. I ended up bribing her with a lollipop to sit still for a few minutes. I know I didn't nail the focus like I would have wanted, but I was working with all window light and forced it to about an f/4.5 1/100-1/160 range. And this wasn't the best shot, but it was just too cute to not share. :D

785413547_tkigp-M.jpg
~Ang~
My Site
Proud Photog for The Littlest Heroes Project and Operation: LoveReunited
Lovin' my Canon 5D Mark II!

Comments

• sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Cute shot. It's a little too pink for me. I would have liked a different background color.
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Cute shot. It's a little too pink for me. I would have liked a different background color.

I've found that people either love pink or hate it. We're big pink lovers around here. :D I was playing with a few more from today, and I think this treatment (while probably not to everyone's taste, either) tones it down a bit.

785447197_FAWHc-S.jpg
    ~Ang~
    My Site
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    I am a HUGE pink lover...but I agree the pinks are too saturated in the hairline. I like the treatment better on the second, but for the shot itself I prefer the first. Maybe try applying the second treatment on the first shot? Anyway cute idea and gorgeous baby!
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    Some times you have to do whatever it takes to get kiddies to cooperate. She is precious.

Not a pink fan either but it seems it would have worked better if a little more subdued
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • pwppwp Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    lilmomma wrote:
    I am a HUGE pink lover...but I agree the pinks are too saturated in the hairline. I like the treatment better on the second, but for the shot itself I prefer the first. Maybe try applying the second treatment on the first shot? Anyway cute idea and gorgeous baby!

Thanks, Melissa! It doesn't help that she has a lot of red tones in her hair, I think. I'm going to go back through my early edits today and play with the same treatment. I think it kind of gives it the old retro look. I might look for some complimentary textures as well.
    ~Ang~
    My Site