Audi R8

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Well, I had a pretty awesome day Saturday, to say the least. I got the opportunity to take some pics of an R8 for an auto sales website. I even got to drive it around for about an hour and a half while I looked for a place to shoot! The shifter makes this amazing "click-click" noise every time you shift. It drives so smoothly; so much easier than I would expect it to be. I think I'm in love, haha.

Anyways, here are a few shots. I have a new found hatred for black cars...It was next to impossible to minimize reflections, and it made off camera lighting really hard. I have a lot to learn, obviously.

784001628_KH6hy-L.jpg

783111620_zAASt-L.jpg

783116831_KpGf8-L.jpg

783111378_bZXzv-L.jpg

783104643_8BiuT-L.jpg

783104153_azYwa-L.jpg

Comments

• Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Loving the processing on these. Great shots. Oh how I love the Audi RX8.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • vintagemxrvintagemxr Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    You did a nice job of capturing a certain mood of the car. I thought the interior photo was a touch too dark and doesn't show off the quality of the design and materials as well as it might.

Much of the top level still photography shot for the VW group is shot by Michel de Vries. His website is here. If you look at his website you'll notice how seldom a black car is used for his shots.

The thing with minimizing reflections on black cars is to try and control what is around the car to be reflected by the paint. When de Vries was shooting a particular vehicle in the CA desert some years ago with a beautiful sunset behind him someone asked "Why aren't you shooting with the nice sunset behind the car?" (which is what most of us would do). He replied "I want the sunset reflected BY the car, the car is the subject, not the sunset."

Doug
    "A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into." - Ansel Adams
    My B&W Photos
    Motorcycles in B&W
  • p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    great stuff! thanks for all that info! next time i am definitely going to look for a wide open spot with nothing above/around the car to minimize reflections, and hopefully it will be a bit more satisfactory.