Winter

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited February 11, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
785574832_DvfE4-XL.jpg

The snow started up last night--we were ready for it, had the groceries done and prepared to be snowed in for a while just in case.
I went to bed and snuggled down with a book and came across this paragraph:
"Now is the time when we reenter the womb of the world, dreaming the dreams of snow and silence. Waking to the shock of the cold sun burning low and blue in the branches of the ice-cased trees, returning from our brief and necessary labors to food and story, to the warmth of firelight in the dark. " Diana Gabaldon

Well, it made me want to take this photo today.. I hope you like it--and yes, it's a lensbaby.

Stay warm.
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Hey Liz,

This one really strikes my fancy. The picture and your quoted paragraph mesh exceptionally well. Quite well done.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Cool shot, Liz! I haven't ventured out yet here on Long Island, I satisfied myself with a few shots out the window this afternoon.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Neat winter shot -- like the verse too :D
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    Hey Liz,

This one really strikes my fancy. The picture and your quoted paragraph mesh exceptionally well. Quite well done.

Take care,

Tom

I'm glad it worked for you Tom. I was in a peaceful melancholy mood---figured I'd share.

Liz A.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited February 11, 2010
    moose135 wrote:
    Cool shot, Liz! I haven't ventured out yet here on Long Island, I satisfied myself with a few shots out the window this afternoon.

I had to be out in it--I had to shovel!!!
    Here I have a perfectly good 7 year old son who was too busy playing in the snow--what did I go and have kids for? lol.

Well back to the grindstone today--it was sweet while it lasted.
    Liz A.
    _________
    edited February 11, 2010
    Dogdots wrote:
    Neat winter shot -- like the verse too :D

Thank you Mary Kim.
    I have to get out the old lensbaby once in a while--I thought it might work with this shot.

Glad you liked the post. Something a little different from me.

Thanks for looking.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • invisibleinvisible Registered Users Posts: 440 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2010
    I like it as well. I have a love-hate relationship with my Lensbaby: when I see photos like this one, I love my Lensbaby; when I'm out there shooting, I hate it :)
    I steal the soul of inanimate things.

Federico
    Website / Flickr