First test shot with my (new to me) lens

00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I just picked up a mint condition Nikkor ED 80-200 2.8 D - so far I adore this lens, and i've only taken a handfull of test shots with it.

Over the last few weeks I have taken numerous shots of these flowers (whatever they are they live a long time). Anyway, went somewhere different with the processing.. thanks for taking a look.
785542249_G4KTb-L.jpg

Devin
Devin

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Hi Devin,

I like your treatment with this shot. I might like a little tighter crop on the flowers, but I'm not sure. It's a striking photo. Very well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Hi Devin.......Well done....I really like it......I have been trying to decide if I want to buy a Nikon 80x200mm 2.8 or not......I think that your picture did it... BUY...... Does the weight bother you ???? azzaro
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Hi Devin,

I like your treatment with this shot. I might like a little tighter crop on the flowers, but I'm not sure. It's a striking photo. Very well done.

Tom

Thanks Tom - I tried a tighter crop.. but felt it needed a bit more of the black dead space for some reason ne_nau.gif
    Devin
  • 00SS00SS Registered Users Posts: 730 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Devin.......Well done....I really like it......I have been trying to decide if I want to buy a Nikon 80x200mm 2.8 or not......I think that your picture did it... BUY...... Does the weight bother you ???? azzaro

Hi Azzaro, thanks for the nice comment. I wasn't sure how I would like the push/pull (second gen on this one) instead of the ring version.. but it grew on me rather quickly. my thoughts so far;

It is a bit heavy, but other factors make it very worth the weight. It has a very fast focus (even in low light) and feels fairly balanced with the grip on my D80. It is also a tiny bit noisy, but no more than other lenses i've tried, that didn't have near the quality (not to mention 2.8 thru the whole range).
    Overall, i'm very happy with it, next is a 1.4 TC in my near future for these hawks i've been missing clap.gif
    Devin