Computer not recognizing camera

jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
edited February 10, 2010 in Cameras
Hello, I've got a D200 and a Vista PC that aren't getting along. I was out in the snow today and teh camera got a little wet and now teh computer won't recognize it. Instead of teh "upbeat" chime I normally get when the computer recognizes something in the USB port I'm getting a stuttery downbeat chime. everything else on teh camera seems fine. Any ideas?

P.S. I thought of trying a card reader, but that would only solve half the problem.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited February 10, 2010
    I would take all of the batteries out of the camera, that includes the backup battery, and dry the camera thoroughly before putting the batteries back in. The camera is telling you that it is not normal and continuing to use it will not do it any good.

Gentle heat and blowing air should do the job of drying the camera. Do not use excess heat and the camera should never be more than just warm.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • jsquerijsqueri Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2010
    Thanks for teh quick reply.

I pulled teh battery. Where's teh back-up?

Also, my original post may have been misleading. The camera didn't get that wet. I got inside wiped it down and it looked dry within minutes.

Anyway, I'll let er dry off for teh night and hopefully we'll be back in business tomorrow.

Thanks again.