Fascinated with Bubbles

ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited August 2, 2005 in People
my nephew doing something only cute nephew-dudes do!

30613400-L.jpg

notes: not much done to this but standard PS desaturating. The wand and bubbles are really that bright aqua color! Once I desaturated, then took away the "green" from the bubbles, I was pleasantly surprised to see the wand color reflected in them...man, I love PS!!! plus, I'm finally happy in the way I framed a photo (in camera, not digitally cropped later!)

comments? criticisms for next time?

Comments

• marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    I really like the framing in this one, it simply looks great. I'm not a big fan of selective color, so I'd personally would have it in either B&W or color.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    marlof wrote:
    I really like the framing in this one, it simply looks great. I'm not a big fan of selective color, so I'd personally would have it in either B&W or color.
    thanks for compliment on the framing :D

here are smaller versions of the image in b&w and in color. When looking at them, I don't find anything eye-catching about it. My initial thinking for doing the selective color was to get the bubbles to really pop out.

30626336-L.jpg

30626333-L.jpg
  • marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    I really like the color one. The blue in the cap, the lines in the shirt, awesome. I can see why you'd want to try the selective color, but especially the big colored wand distracts from the B&W picture for me. But that's just a personal preference.
    enjoy being here while getting there