Tasty macros...

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited August 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm not entering these, I still haven't found something I really want to enter yet. But this is just some Tasty fooling around...

For my first pic, I was going to try to convince everyone this is a donut or bagel...but its a Honey Nut Cheerio...

MainFragger

Comments

• MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    Popcorn...
    I actually prefer my popcorn plain. Nothing on it..

But microwave popcorns don't really give you a choice in the matter.

MainFragger
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    Outmeal Chocolate Chip..
    Heh...check it out..Its the new Cookieware Macrochip!

MainFragger
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 2, 2005
    Hey MF - if you're going to go this route (macro tasty treats) for the challenge, I'd suggest two technical things:

1. your backgrounds are definitely not adding to your photos. The wood grain is a major distraction, and while the cheerio one is a solid color, it is too bright. Macro's usually look great with a dark background to really bring out the detail.

2. is it me or are these a bit fuzzy? Maybe you're trying to get a little tooo close and the result is lack of clarity. Sacrifice the closeness for the clarity anyday, at least when it comes to a technical photography challenge.

Time for me to get some cookies... lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2005
    Hey Mainfragger,
    You're rolling in the same direction I was. I was trying to think outside the box on this one and shot some macro of pixistick contents (colored sugar) on a tongue. The colors were cool, but it just didn't look as appetizing as I had hoped. Got another idea, but it's not outside the box, just another food shot.

clap.gifI'm glad I just wrote this because I just had some inspiration; I'm going back to the pixisticks. Hope this idea turns out better than my concept shots.

If you do go the macro way, I'd recommend taking several shots a different focal points and combining them for greater DOF. Just my .02.

Good luck on your choice,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister