Sledding

hockeytown74hockeytown74 Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited February 13, 2010 in People
The kids had a snow day on Wednesday and I took them to have some fun.

785457340_EkN2V-M.jpg

785455605_5Frf3-M.jpg
Nikon D800, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 85mm f1.8G, 35mm f1.8g

http://www.hockeytown.smugmug.com/

Comments

• adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    She is one intense sledder. Love her expression in both images. Perfer the color in the first.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    That first one is really super....LOVE her expression!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Love the 2 shots together they tell a story! That gal is fearsome, she looks like she is hurtling the speed of light. I sense a competitive spirit!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • WorldcrossingsWorldcrossings Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    great shots, her expression is priceless! Watch your post development crop though. The first one should have the crop a little tighter to remove the half body and arm on the left side of the frame, if you can.

You could even try cropping out the people at the top completely leaving some of the boardwalk rails to show the angle of the slope, but not the people. Just don't crop people at their joints. thumb.gif

Second one could have a little more room in the front of the action and at the top of the frame, if possible, and a little tighter crop behind the action, let your subject move into the frame, not out of it.

Other than those tips, if you were wanting any, great shots! I really like her expression in the first shot! Awesome! clap.gif
    Sincerely,

Tommy Thomas
    www.Worldcrossings.com

"I have seen a lot of cool things through my lenses, but not nearly as awesome as seeing my little baby girl through it!"
    Note: Feel free to post your photos, in your replys, to any of my threads if you feel like it pertains to something I have posted.
  • WorldcrossingsWorldcrossings Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Sorry just visited your site, these tips you probably already know looking at your other photos ... :)
    Sincerely,

Tommy Thomas
    www.Worldcrossings.com

"I have seen a lot of cool things through my lenses, but not nearly as awesome as seeing my little baby girl through it!"
    Note: Feel free to post your photos, in your replys, to any of my threads if you feel like it pertains to something I have posted.
  • hockeytown74hockeytown74 Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Sorry just visited your site, these tips you probably already know looking at your other photos ... :)

Thanks for the comments. My older daughter is fearless and she obviously loves speed !!! <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Nikon D800, 70-200mm f2.8 VRII, 85mm f1.8G, 35mm f1.8g

http://www.hockeytown.smugmug.com/