Loch Cill, isle of Skye, Scotland

Dimitri_VDimitri_V Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
edited February 16, 2010 in Landscapes
This was taken on a Mamiya RZ67 pro and velvia film and is my very first scan with my new Epson V750 scanner. The colour accuracy is superb, the 5D mkII image looked nothing like this.

4351372555_7ecc5a0445_o.jpg

www.dvattika.com
http://dv.smugmug.com/Photography

Comments

• JoashotsJoashots Registered Users Posts: 138 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Very nice! beautiful portfolio BTW- some incredible captures for sure.
    Scotland is magic- wish I could travel there someday, I just read a compelling National Geographic article on the Hebrides - what a wild, evocative landscape!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Joash R

If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do. - Samuel Butler
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Wonderful shot! The colors, light, and composition are all fabulous. The plants in the foreground also make the composition more interesting. Wish I were somewhere that beautiful now!
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Stunning imagery, with awesome light, well thought out composition, and beautiful colors! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Wow this image is fantastic, it's so sharp. You captured the scenery wonderfully!
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • acowanacowan Registered Users Posts: 156 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif That is a perfect composition and capture!
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2010
    Dimitri_V wrote:
    the 5D mkII image looked nothing like this
    What did it look like? ne_nau.gif
  • rhondavidrhondavid Registered Users Posts: 433 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2010
    Incrediably beautiful. Great relection capture
    David

D40
    18 - 55 kit lens
    55- 200 VR kit lens
    Lots of desires
  • astockwellastockwell Registered Users Posts: 279 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    Great image. Man I really hope I can get back to Scotland when I transfer to my next submarine. Hopefully a Faslane stop is in my future. Great images on your site. I linked you over on another forum I frequent:
    www.newschoolofphotography.com
    So if you have analytics running you might see some new traffic. Hope to see you over there maybe also. How accessible are places like Buachaille and Etive? I.E. how close are the roads, railroads to them? I ask because I won't have a ton of time when and if I do get back there while in the Navy to hike or whatnot.

-Andy
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    Stunning! The small bit of water grass adds a nice touch. thumb.gif
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    very very nice ... how about a comparison between the film and the digital images ...

gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Dimitri_VDimitri_V Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    astockwell wrote:
    Great image. Man I really hope I can get back to Scotland when I transfer to my next submarine. Hopefully a Faslane stop is in my future. Great images on your site. I linked you over on another forum I frequent:
    www.newschoolofphotography.com
    So if you have analytics running you might see some new traffic. Hope to see you over there maybe also. How accessible are places like Buachaille and Etive? I.E. how close are the roads, railroads to them? I ask because I won't have a ton of time when and if I do get back there while in the Navy to hike or whatnot.

-Andy
    I would suggest hiring a car in Glasgow. Most places in Scotland are very close to the road but do a research for your locations so you know where they are.
  • Dimitri_VDimitri_V Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Seefutlung wrote:
    very very nice ... how about a comparison between the film and the digital images ...

gary
    I do not have the digital image any more. I usually delete images that are not worth keeping but I can say that the colours on film were much much closer to what I saw on location.
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Stunning I agree... Kind of see an alligator in there too. :D
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..