Options

Aperture 3 export?

rsirotarsirota Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
edited March 18, 2010 in Finishing School
Is there a new Smugmug export tool for Aperture 3?
Rob Sirota
Web: www.robsirotaphotography.comwww.k9-pix.comwww.rsirota.com
Nikon... All Nikon (D4/D810/Dƒ)
... OK I do have a PhaseOne 645DF+ w/IQ250

Comments

• Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    rsirota wrote:
    Is there a new Smugmug export tool for Aperture 3?

Not that I know of. SmugMug has never provided one, Apple has never provided one, and the guy that did the one for Aperture hasn't updated it in a LONG time.

Frankly, I just export the albums to disk and then use MacDaddy to do the importing.
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    CatOne wrote:
    Not that I know of. SmugMug has never provided one, Apple has never provided one, and the guy that did the one for Aperture hasn't updated it in a LONG time.

Frankly, I just export the albums to disk and then use MacDaddy to do the importing.

Just found this :

http://www.davidholmes.org/2010/02/aperture-3-64-bit-support.html
    Rob Sirota
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    I downloaded the export tool and followed Homes's directions, but I still only have 32 bit export to smugmugne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2010
    dlplumer wrote:
    I downloaded the export tool and followed Homes's directions, but I still only have 32 bit export to smugmugne_nau.gif

I downloaded from the link I put up above and it is 64bit....
    Rob Sirota
  • Options
    kini62kini62 Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    rsirota wrote:
    I downloaded from the link I put up above and it is 64bit....

Yep, works perfectly.
  • Options
    edited February 15, 2010
  • Options
    dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    dlplumer wrote:
    dlplumer wrote:
    Works for me too

What changed between 5:37pm & 11:03pm on the 14th?

I have downloaded the updated export plugin (Aperture to SmugMug 0.31.zip), and placed in the export folder as instructed.... and restarted the computer multiple times.

But I still get the 32bit message?

790646166_5Us9K-L.png
    Duke
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    dixonduke wrote:
    What changed between 5:37pm & 11:03pm on the 14th?

I have downloaded the updated export plugin (Aperture to SmugMug 0.31.zip), and placed in the export folder as instructed.... and restarted the computer multiple times.

But I still get the 32bit message?

790646166_5Us9K-L.png

Go to:

users----your name
    library
    aplication support
    aperture
    plugins
    export and place the file in the export folder. There is another library, but you want this one.
  • Options
    dixondukedixonduke Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2010
    clap.gif
    thumb.gif
    bowdown.gif

Thanks for the tip! That fixed me.
    Duke
  • Options
    edited February 17, 2010
    dixonduke wrote:
    clap.gif
    thumb.gif
    bowdown.gif

Thanks for the tip! That fixed me.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    Stephan PhotosStephan Photos Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    I downloaded David's 64-bit version and am still having problems exporting completely. I keep getting stuck about 3/4 the way through the export process.

On top of that, my AP3 program consistently quits unexpectedly and often takes forever to process previews, etc.

Anyone else having any or all of these problems? I have all the latest AP3 updated as well including the one released yesterday (HD video / music sync issues).

Out of the two upgrades, I'm most disappointed with this one. The new tools are hot, but what good are they if my program is so unstable?
    My Flickr Photostream
    My Website Stephan Photos
    Nikon D300 | 24-70mm 2.8 | 70-200mm 2.8 | 50mm 1.4D | SB-800 Speedlight | Gitzo 1325 w/Markins M20
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    I downloaded David's 64-bit version and am still having problems exporting completely. I keep getting stuck about 3/4 the way through the export process.

On top of that, my AP3 program consistently quits unexpectedly and often takes forever to process previews, etc.

Anyone else having any or all of these problems? I have all the latest AP3 updated as well including the one released yesterday (HD video / music sync issues).

Out of the two upgrades, I'm most disappointed with this one. The new tools are hot, but what good are they if my program is so unstable?

Have you tried the below? (From the Apple discussions board) Many people have reported success with this:

"Are you running the latest aperture 3 updates and prokit updates? If not, run software update, if you are - go to the finder and move everything to the trash that is inside these folders:

Hard Drive/Library/Caches
    Hard Drive/System/Library/Caches
    Hard Drive/Users/(Your user)/Library/Caches

Also delete this file:
    Hard Drive/Users/(Your user)/Preferences/com.apple.aperture.plist

Reboot... It will take a little bit. Report back if this works. "

Users with less than 4 GB ram have also reported better performance in 32-bit mode.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    Also, set preferences not to make previews for new projects, and turn previews off when A3 starts processing in old projects. Then when you decide which photos need previews you can select them and run update previews from the Photo pull down menu.

Disable faces as well, and do all the updates as Mark suggested.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    MarkR and dlplumer, you guys are both a God send. Thank you so much for your time in forwarding me the information from the Apple Discussion board. It seems to have worked like a charm. The export to SmugMug is a lot slower than usual right now, but it's indeed exporting and that's all that matters to me right now.

I couldn't find where to disable faces but I actually use it to help keep track of my model releases anyhow.

You guys rule. Thanks again.

Kurt
    My Flickr Photostream
    Nikon D300 | 24-70mm 2.8 | 70-200mm 2.8 | 50mm 1.4D | SB-800 Speedlight | Gitzo 1325 w/Markins M20
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    MarkR and dlplumer, you guys are both a God send. Thank you so much for your time in forwarding me the information from the Apple Discussion board. It seems to have worked like a charm. The export to SmugMug is a lot slower than usual right now, but it's indeed exporting and that's all that matters to me right now.

I couldn't find where to disable faces but I actually use it to help keep track of my model releases anyhow.

You guys rule. Thanks again.

Kurt
    disable faces in preferences under general. It slows things down tremendously. Turn it on only when you need it.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    dlplumer wrote:
    disable faces in preferences under general. It slows things down tremendously. Turn it on only when you need it.

I feel like an idiot now. I looked at General and didn't see the blatant checkmark...lol. Will do. Thanks again.
    My Flickr Photostream