OpLove: Brandon's Homecoming 12FEB2010

Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
edited February 15, 2010 in People
Sorry for the watermark, but there have been issues in the past.

As many here know, I am (and will continue to be) an [url="http://www.oplove.org]Operation: Love Reunited[/url] photographer (click that link to find out more). Anyway, I was contacted about a month ago to shoot this homecoming. So very glad I did! Sarah was just awesome and the kids ... so cute and well behaved. It was such a joy.

1. The kids and some close friends, waiting for Dad to arrive at the field house.
788060092_e4NmC-M-1.jpg

2. Sarah (back to us) and a close friend greeting. Says Sarah, "She's the one that kept me sane for the last year!"
788061294_7AMZJ-M-1.jpg

3. Soldier's MIL taking a shot of the platoon formation
788069427_E6mqa-M-1.jpg

4. The kids running to Dad!!
788072952_yXRZn-M-1.jpg

5. These were taken less than 6 seconds apart, the left one first - Wow!
788082052_sskby-M-1.jpg788082332_xpF3s-M-1.jpg

Anyway, if you have even the slightest inclination to look into doing this for our wonderful service member, I would strongly recommend you do so. It costs nothing but time to look and there's so much joy to be had in providing this service.

Comments

• l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2010
    WOW!!! What a great idea!!!

Hubby and I have been discussing ways we could join forces with a local military base and offer to do a free/severely discounted wedding to a couple with one being shipped out soon. We haven't really put the plan in action, but one day, hopefully. I think we found something to hold us off until we get that arrangement made!! What a great way to say "Thank you!"

Wonderful shots, they're guaranteed to love them and treasure them for a lifetime.
  • cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Good on you, Scott. I don't think I could do anything like that, as it's hard to see through a viewfinder with standing tears in your eyes! There are incredibly moving and astounding images on that site. I understand why you enjoy (is "enjoy" really the right word?) doing this kind of work. The sacrifice these families make is beyond my comprehension, and I salute them, and you for doing them this service.
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Another moving series, Scott. That last pair was really amazing. clap.gifbowdown.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Thanks all .... Doing this for our soldiers and sailors is a real blessing. I always look forward to the opportunity even when I know it's going to take a good chunk out of my day. I once attended a homecoming for a carrier which entailed the disembarking of some 3,000 sailors, a couple hundred tiger-team participants, about 1,000 contractors (the ship was returning home for come maintenance and the contractors were aboard to get a head start on the task), and who knows how many Marines. In all, I think I spent something like 8 to 10 hours on the pier .... in the summer (it was a touch warm).

But that was oh sooo worth the effort!