Moon CC please

InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
edited February 16, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
I was walking along and saw the moon coming up over the hill. I think I spent about 20 or 30 minutes shooting it. I liked this shot the best.

What do you think?

_3044056.jpg

Comments

• DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    I am a moon lover and lover of all things that look exactly like this photo.

I absolutely love it. I don't seem to be able to get the moon low enough for shots like this, and when I do the foregrounds gets blown out.

You got it!
  • RoadkillRoadkill Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Nice shot, love the tree and the size of the moon, maybe my monitor, but seems rather muddy in the contrast.
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Thanks, Deecajun. I really liked the tree that was in front of the moon as it rose. Amazing how fast the moon goes up when you are trying to have it stay in one spot.

Roadkill, now that you mention it, I do agree a bit with you. I might tweak it. Unfornately, I agree with critics who say that he TCIIE 2X or whatever its actually called and the 70-200 don't make the best combination. I'm sure the 80-400 would be a better lens, but I use what I have and what makes sense at this point. Anyway, that and the fact that I had to crop in pretty tightly PP certainly cuts down on the quality that I've seen in some moon shots on Dgrin, which are stunning!

Thanks for looking!
  • DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    I may be speaking out of school but I think this would make a nice entry for the silhouette challenge.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Hi Ben...... Cool shot.....you can almost hear a wolf howling..... Take a look at a histogram of the pic. and I think that you will be better able to see how to adjust it........thumb.gifazzaro
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2010
    Man, I love a haunting moon like this. Well done for you and the gear
    your threw at it. thumb.gif Finding a great tree moon alignment is a superior
    find in the first place and what you got out of it is heck of a nice photo.
    Michael