Options

Photoshop Tip

Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
edited March 2, 2010 in Finishing School
Ran across this today.

You record an action (follow video instructions for recording menu items) to zoom your image to fit the window when opening an image. Since I always duplicate the background layer before I continue to editing, I added that to the action as well. Then, create a script to run whenever you open an image and your set to go with an image that fits the editing window and a duplicate BG layer...so you'll never forget to create one. All explained in the video.

The video was a little slow to load for me...so have patience.:D

Comments

• Options
    XoZeXoZe Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    Not quite sure why a one click shortcut would really warrant creating an action, IMHO.
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    XoZe wrote:
    Not quite sure why a one click shortcut would really warrant creating an action, IMHO.

You create the action/script once and save the repetitive mouse clicks forever. No brainer to me. Plus the added step that I mentioned insures you'll never start editing on the BG image. All automatic...mwink.gif

Plus this simple tip can be put to use with any other user specific repetitive actions. Time saved IS a big deal IMHO.
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2010
    XoZe wrote:

XoZe, the tutorial is not so much about creating an action* - it is about using the little discussed "Script Events Manager" introduced in CS3. Instead of manually using the shortcut to fit the screen on every image - one can simply set-up Photoshop to do this automatically whenever an image is opened (the event being open).

*The action is "required" as the SEM requires either an action or a script to run (and it is easier to record an action for a video tutorial than to write a script).

Stephen Marsh

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/
    http://prepression.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    photorelivephotorelive Banned Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    very nice video , i didnt know how actions can be done automaticly like this way when the pic loaded on photoshop . clap.gif